Heritage Owners Club

Two Incoming

MartyGrass

Some guitars look SO good in pictures, I almost don't believe they are pictures, but artist's renderings, or something. These both fall into that category; absolutely stunning! Congratulations on both counts, Mark.

I agree... those are special.

While I tend to lean towards the Millie... very sweet, that Super Eagle is surreal and begs to be played.

And the thicker rim depth of the Special Eagle is a great feature and just gives it more.. more of that hollowbody goodness.

I agree... those are special.

While I tend to lean towards the Millie... very sweet, that Super Eagle is surreal and begs to be played.

And the thicker rim depth of the Special Eagle is a great feature and just gives it more.. more of that hollowbody goodness.

I know it's been said 1000 times, but that headstock pic is awesome! Never get tired of it!

Doc, I thought you had bought yourself a softbox for camera lighting and learned how to use it. That should be your next purchase. As many fine instruments as you have you should get spend your leisure time learning guitar photography. Every time you pull one out you snap a couple of pics.

There wouldn't be a dry keyboard on the forum.....

The Millie arrived with a bad ground. There was a 60 Hz hum that disappeared when I touched the pickups but not the TP or strings. The grounding goes to the treble bridge stud, and that was intact. I pulled off the bridge and found some gunk on the thumbwheel that prevented conduction to the bridge. Once I removed that, all was well.

I never heard of such a thing and thought I should pass that on.

MG~ Man, you have fine taste in fine gitfiddles!

That Millie is drop dead gorgeous.

You called your new archtop a 'Special Eagle', but the script on the bail reads 'Super Eagle'. Is there an interior label clarifying this special custom model's name? Whatever it is, I like it!

06HERITAGESUPEREAGLE1994SSBCUSTOM074LevelsRotFill.jpg

Man, I might be WAY interested in that Super Eagle if it comes up for sale. I wouldn't be able to do SQUAT on it until mid to late next year. So... if it goes up for sale before then, I am, sadly, out of the running.

That is just THE guitar, man!

MG~ Man, you have fine taste in fine gitfiddles!

That Millie is drop dead gorgeous.

You called your new archtop a 'Special Eagle', but the script on the bail reads 'Super Eagle'. Is there an interior label clarifying this special custom model's name? Whatever it is, I like it!

I inadvertently called it a Special Eagle. It's a Super, but I do like the "special" designation. It has a slightly deeper body, P90s, a master volume control, a thicker top for feedback resistance and a 1 13/16" nut for fingerstyle.

It is one of the many examples of customization by Heritage.

I inadvertently called it a Special Eagle. It's a Super, but I do like the "special" designation. It has a slightly deeper body, P90s, a master volume control, a thicker top for feedback resistance and a 1 13/16" nut for fingerstyle.

It is one of the many examples of customization by Heritage.

It's just sick is what it is! Those P90's in it just make it... IT for me.

What is the pot on the Eagle where the toggle usually resides?

Congratulations.

That's the master volume pot. There's pros and cons to it.

IMO, it's particularly useful with single coil pups. Between tunes the master volume can be set on zero to eliminate hum and therefore function as a kill switch. More importantly, you can blend the volume of the two pups to get a certain tone then use the master volume to increase and decrease loudness without affecting tone.

Some would argue that Lollars don't hum so it's unnecessary. But they do hum a little. The next negative is that the extra pot adds resistance.

I have used a master volume control before and liked it.

Archived