Heritage Owners Club

Your 'to the grave' amp

barrymclark

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talisman:

That Guild setup is sweet. I have an S-90, the economy version of your guitar, so know well what you're talking about. Unusual tones from those old Guild p/us. No soft edges here, clear and hot, but they also overdrive so nicely.

Not sure how long any one amp will stay, as I've already parted with some truly fine ones. Right now, hard to imagine doing without my Allen Encore head and the '60 brownface pro. Very different amps, each essential in its own way.

MD

Here's a JTM 45/100 replica...look at the iron on this one. This is the first 100W introduced by Marshall back in the day....uses KT66 tubes. The Power Tranny alone is friggin' boat anchor.

FrontPanel.jpg

lol. It's a great amp. Just nails AC/DC and early Zeppelin. This one's been sittin' around neglected for a while. I'm taking her to practice tonight for a little re-kilndling.

Wow that's cool, you built all that stuff?? Amazing!

My amp is a 65 or 66 super pa, basically a jtm45/100...jtm45 preamp with 100w power section

One of the first 100w amps, they built the 100w pa before the 100w gtr amps

I have some chassis pics somewhere ...it's loaded with real GEC KT66's too

Sent from my droid

My Heritage Patriot.

I haven't bought it yet, nothing I have ever owned thus far has spoken to me. But I have just made another post about Matamp amplifiers, and even better, they are made in Yorkshire, which for those who do not yet know, is the centre of the known universe.

Yep, at the centre of the universe is a massive black hole ;)

I know you have a beautiful home, but Essex is - well, Essex.... :icon_jokercolor:

By the way, the black hole in the centre of Yorkshire is called Bradford and it's neighbour Dewsbury, both are places which should be obliterated from the face of the planet.....

I know you have a beautiful home, but Essex is - well, Essex.... :icon_jokercolor:

Touché ;) Well I'm in the bit of Essex that Constable painted: Dedham, Flatford, etc. Suffolk is a mile up the road.

Lots of lovely places in Yorkshire too - I remember a particularly nice trip to Malham :)

Archived