Heritage Owners Club

Your 'to the grave' amp

barrymclark

So... over the last several months, I have been paying a lot more attention to amps than I ever have. Recently, I had a friend tell me that his Marshall JCM900 that he has owned for years is an amp that will go to the grave with him. That got me thinking... do I have... or did I ever have an amp that I felt such an affection for?

I'd say the Cube is as close as it has ever gotten but there is just still... something missing. It isn't the sound. The sound is amazing. I can't imagine letting go of it. Still... there is a bond that just hasn't happened.

Do any of you have an amp that will be the last one you have left when you have or had to sell off all your others? What is your 'to the grave' amp?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing's going to grave with me. I want my son to have my stuff because he loves the music I play and loves guitar.

haha. ok. To The Grave doesn't literally mean TO THE GRAVE. I mean... a keeper. The amp you will keep so long as you are playing or alive. Whichever comes first.

haha. ok. To The Grave doesn't literally mean TO THE GRAVE. I mean... a keeper. The amp you will keep so long as you are playing or alive. Whichever comes first.

I thought we were playing on the guy who was buried with his tele and one of the people at the cemetary stole it.... As for what do I want to keep, its like asking Brent what guitar he's kept the longest... No idea. :P

For me, nope. Too many to try and use and move on. For my wife, however, it's the Lone Star original. She has made it quite clear that the LS and LP Custom never go until I do.

Thats interesting, Ive kind of gone off my LS recently. I dont hate it but just not there with it. Maybe sick of hearing it. But my wife really likes the sound of it and prefers it over the others a lot.

Thats interesting, Ive kind of gone off my LS recently. I dont hate it but just not there with it. Maybe sick of hearing it. But my wife really likes the sound of it and prefers it over the others a lot.

I don't actually play mine. It just sits here in the music room. Has the cover on it, even. My wife says everything sounds good thru the Lone Star. Well, every guitar, not necessarily every note.

My Tweed Deluxe - out of all the great amps I've played and/or built, it continues to be my all time favorite

...that is unless of course there is no noise pollution laws in the afterlife - in which case it would be my 100watt ODS with a full stack!

My 66 Super Reverb, Ive had it for a long time and it is what I use as a gauge to compare all other amps to. Definately will always be with me. My dream amp is basically the 2nd channel of the Super as a head into what ever cabinet most fits the music I am going to do today.

Hoping to get KBP to build me something like that sometime after the 1st of the year.

I had a '65 Twin Reverb Re-issue, that got away due to its size and weight. i hope one is waiting for me on the other side. i don't regret selling it, but that was the one. i keep looking for something in a smaller package that will give me its depth, openness, clarity and soul. i doubt i'll ever find it.

any suggestions?

I had a '65 Twin Reverb Re-issue, that got away due to its size and weight. i hope one is waiting for me on the other side. i don't regret selling it, but that was the one. i keep looking for something in a smaller package that will give me its depth, openness, clarity and soul. i doubt i'll ever find it.

I like using 2 twin reverbs for big concerts but I have them rented for me usually.

Oct.12th, 2011 IKSV Hall Concert - 3

Other than that, I use these guys;

http://www.evansamps...mplifiers/je200

For me, closest thing to a twin sound comes out of an Evans JE200.

any suggestions?

Two words that match your description perfectly........ Carr Rambler!!!!!!

My Bitar "Felix." Handbuilt by my friend and local builder George Bitar. Voiced for me by George, it's a 22 watt, EL 34 based combo, with a 12" Celestion Gold. I designed the cabinet, based on a Fender wide-panel tweed, but with creme and maroon tolex cosmetics, invoking a 50's Gibson GA-40. Wonderful little amp, and the only one on the planet like it!

Archived