Heritage Owners Club

check out this bad boy

big bob

eritage Custom 1990 EXC, "Billy Grammer Heritage Artist " on truss rod cover, custom made for Billy Grammer, no sound holes, silver finish, "BG" inlaid at first fret, used on sessions and Grand Ole Opry, with letter from Grammer's widow, OHC $3,850.00

Not altered, custom .. and no I don't have 4 K$

can be seen here http://www.gruhn.com/

Ohh thats sharp DB, where did you get that photo from? Thought you wanted a lady in red?

Same website as the 555 Custom. I don't care what Grhun says, that 555 was changed. Being its from a place where both kinds of music are played (Country and Western), that guitar had a hillbilly crowbar on and it most likely it had or has a piezo bridge.

That's a very confused guitar. Poor fella.

Once had a Bigsby. That would be easy to replace. The two jacks only make sense if it's an attempt at stereo. The pickups look like they are not matched.

The side markers are a great idea for a stage guitarist. There's no guessing what fret you're on even in the dark.

No f holes, no feedback worries (more or less).

I like it but it's more than double overpriced.

That's sweet.

I'm going to Gruhn's (and Wolfe's) on Friday or Saturday. I'm definitely going to check this one out. But, I can gurantee it will be staying there when I leave.

We went to the in-laws in Nashville for Thanksgiving but I didn't have a chance to get out and kick any tires. So, I'm taking a few hours of me time this weekend.

I'll post a report if hasn't sold by the weekend.

That's sweet.

I'm going to Gruhn's (and Wolfe's) on Friday or Saturday. I'm definitely going to check this one out. But, I can gurantee it will be staying there when I leave.

We went to the in-laws in Nashville for Thanksgiving but I didn't have a chance to get out and kick any tires. So, I'm taking a few hours of me time this weekend.

I'll post a report if hasn't sold by the weekend.

Looking forward to the report and a better description of its condition as well as its modifications...

well, it's not for me but it is very striking - I still think Kuz has the best looking 535 I hav ever seen - of course, ther are other opinions out there and they are just as valid!!

Well, I made it to Nashville on Saturday. That was my first mistake. I should have taken an afternoon off during the week, but I wanted to take my eleven year old and I didn't want him to miss any school..

Gruhn's is right in the heart of tourist central, 4th and Broadway. It was a beautiful sunny day in the mid sixties and it was a zoo. Gruhn's has a very small parking lot, maybe ten spots, and it was filled. I had to pay eight dollars to park a block away.

Gruhn's was packed, to me it looked like mostly tourists.

I looked and looked and couldn't find it on display. I asked about it at the counter and they said it was still upstairs and a salesman would go get it.

When I opened the case the first thing I noticed was it really needed a good cleaning. Lot's of fret boogers. And it was heavy. I don't know how heavy but it weighed...

It did, however, play great. Nice low action, no buzz, frets in good shape (except for the boogers). The finish was in great shape except for some checking on the neck and back.

The salesman didn't know anything about the custom mods and George wasn't there so I didn't get any more info.

There was definitely something mounted on the top as you can see the filled holes.

I didn't play it through an amp as it was close to closing time and the place was packed. Since there was no chance of me taking it home, I didn't want to have the sales guys running around at the end of their shift to get an amp set up.

They are really nice folks at Gruhn's. We be back in Nashville for Christmas so I'll go back and play it again during the week when it's less crazy. (if it's still there) I want to find out about the two output jacks and how it's wired.

However, in my humble opinion, it's not worth $4000 unless you're a Billy Grammer or Opry collector.

Buy two "regular" 535s instead.

After Gruhn's I went by Wolfe's, but that's another thread....

post-4456-0-03511000-1323143057_thumb.gif

post-4456-0-75562600-1323143092_thumb.jpg

Archived