Heritage Owners Club

Strange Brew for NHD 555

Jazzerous

My new Heritage today!! But need help on the pups and neck, fretboard as it does not have the Maple neck but seems like an ebony fretboard and Mahogany neck! I bought this 555 and the sticker inside says {Seymour Duncan S-1 Over Pus} and I am trying to figure out which pickups this indicates! The pups seemed too dark so I adjusted them and now they sound much better!!! Here are the Pics!!!

Does the fretboard look ebony or just a very dark rosewood ?

IMG_3843.jpg

IMG_3845.jpg

IMG_3849.jpg

IMG_3846.jpg

IMG_3848.jpg

IMG_3850.jpg

You do have an ebony board and probably have a mohagany neck... As far as pickups go, well... I suggest you loosen the strings, remove the pickup ring screws from the corners of the rings and lift up those pickups and read the back of them. I couldn't find what you have on SD's website...

By the way, congrats! Beautiful guitar!

Guesses... pickups are SD59s (SH1) that are overwound. Heritage went from maple to mahongany (or vice-versa) necks on 555 ~3-4 years ago (someone here likely recalls the details).

Although the S-1 inside the guitar on sticker on Seymour Duncan website indicates 59's I pul;led the pups and found that thay are Seth Lovers! \\Thanks for the help guys I am digging this new toY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Mike

Congrats! I have a 535 with an ebony fret board. I love it. I had Phat Cats installed and love it!

ha, that's funny..so " S-1 Over" is actually "Seth Lover" is some of the text rubbed out or something?

I think there's an old Sci-Fi movie where they find this piece of alien space junk and it's called "V ger"

at the end of the movie it's revealed to be "Voyager I" with all the letters worn off :D

anyway.....congrats that is a beauty and those are killer pickups!!

ha, that's funny..so " S-1 Over" is actually "Seth Lover" is some of the text rubbed out or something?

I think there's an old Sci-Fi movie where they find this piece of alien space junk and it's called "V ger"

at the end of the movie it's revealed to be "Voyager I" with all the letters worn off :D

Or the Twilight Zone... where the aliens have a book... "To Serve Man"

But.... it turns out that ... it's a cookbook...

That would be the first Star Trek movie...

So here is a picture of the inside cavity . I thought from what was written we could figure out what pickups were inside at least stock realizing pups are changed all the time ! I looked on the Duncan ste and S H-1 indicated 59's but once I pulled the pups out it said Seth E.Lovers! I hope the the fact that I love this new guit for me does not get lost in the techy question but thanks for helping out and the compliments !!!

Cheers Mike

IMG_3847.jpgOoops ! Here is the pic of inside

Yeah... the handwriting on the labels can be easily misinterpreted sometimes...

That says 2 Seymour Duncan S-Lover pu's

I've got a couple of guitars with Seths.... it would be hard to find a better pickup for that type of Heritage... Congrats on a great guitar.

An H-555 with SD Seth Lovers . . . now, that is a guitar for any venue. Congratulations!

Archived