Heritage Owners Club

There WILL be a Heritage Bass at the barn this year!

brentrocks

These things just seem to fall in my lap....i dont get it. A friend of mine was at a yard sale and asked if there were any guitars for sale. The 80 yr old man took him tothe basement to reveal a 1986 Heritage HB 1 Bass! The next time he saw me, he told me the location of this mans house....so i took a drive over there.

I went up to the door and introduced myself....his wife was on the porch having a smoke, i told him why i was there and he invited me in. We went to the basement and he tried to sell me a banjo, an old Goya acoustic, a Squire Strat and a minature Ovation.....then i saw the Heritage case!!!

We busted out the HB 1...it had flatwounds on it that apperared to be quite old. I sighted the neck, check for cracks, breaks, BGN/2 stamp... etc. I saw that it was in great condition, with little play wear. I made him an offer, he took it.

Come to find that he used to camp with some people that worked with my Grandpa Henderson at Consumers Power, back in the day....that was kinda fun. Then he tried to sell me some more stuff in his garage on the way out.

So now Friday at the barn will be complete with a Heritage bass in tow....

IMG_2452.jpg

IMG_2453.jpg

IMG_2456.jpg

IMG_2457.jpg

IMG_2458.jpg

IMG_2460.jpg

IMG_2461.jpg

That's in stellar shape for such a rare bird. I trust you paid the friend of you Grandfather the $6,000 it is worth. What else did you buy on the way out?

I hope you put new flatwounds on it Brent. I can't wait to see it. awesome score. make sure you use THAT one for the group shot in front of Parsons

Rendal might want to try that one out.

Archived