Heritage Owners Club

Okay I get it, I need a guitar in CSB!

kbp810

Everywhere I turn for the past week or so has been Chestnut this and Chestnut that!

It started with Steiner, looking through his book of guitars - they only show one Heritage, but it's a stunning 550 in CSB...

Then there were new threads here in the HOC featuring guitar after guitar with CSB...

Then to top it all off, I met up with Rhoadscholar on Sunday, and out of the blue he just happens to mention his new favorite finish, you guessed it CSB!

If that wasn't enough... I overheard a topic on actual chestnuts in our break room yesterday while going for a cup of coffee.

Okay, enough is enough, and I hear the message loud and clear, I'm ordering a Milli in CSB this week!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest HRB853370

Everywhere I turn for the past week or so has been Chestnut this and Chestnut that!

It started with Steiner, looking through his book of guitars - they only show one Heritage, but it's a stunning 550 in CSB...

Then there were new threads here in the HOC featuring guitar after guitar with CSB...

Then to top it all off, I met up with Rhoadscholar on Sunday, and out of the blue he just happens to mention his new favorite finish, you guessed it CSB!

If that wasn't enough... I overheard a topic on actual chestnuts in our break room yesterday while going for a cup of coffee.

Okay, enough is enough, and I hear the message loud and clear, I'm ordering a Milli in CSB this week!

Really? Thats awesome Brian. Chestnut is one of my favorites, next to Vintage Wine. You cant go wrong with it. It looks especially nice on archtops but it should look sweet on the Millie. What are your specs?

Congrats Brian, happy for you, especially as I read a while back (think it was you anyway) that you might have been losing interest or getting discouraged playing guitar in general. Your new one will have a tough act to follow with that 157 of yours though.

Really? Thats awesome Brian. Chestnut is one of my favorites, next to Vintage Wine. You cant go wrong with it. It looks especially nice on archtops but it should look sweet on the Millie. What are your specs?

His been kicking around ideas for over a week. His final idea is nice and not too far off from the norm. Can't wait to see it in person.

Guest HRB853370

Congrats Brian, happy for you, especially as I read a while back (think it was you anyway) that you might have been losing interest or getting discouraged playing guitar in general.

I doubt that could EVER happen. Brian is one of the most enthusiastic guitar nuts on this forum. He just hides his shredding talents from us while at PSP!

I'm still hashing out some of the final details for my wish list, but so far it seems I perhaps have something somewhere between the Eagle and the Pro

Ultra Top (Flamed Maple), maple top and back (CSB, of course!)

F-Holes, possibly bound

3 piece curly maple neck

Florentine Cutaway, ala the pro

24.75 scale

Ebony Fretboard, Split Block inlays to keep in line with my 157 and 450

Standard Milli sized Headstock, bound with inlaid "The Heritage"

Was hoping for an "H" tailpiece, but will likely go with a more standard Trapeze Tailpiece

Guest HRB853370

I'm still hashing out some of the final details for my wish list, but so far it seems I perhaps have something somewhere between the Eagle and the Pro

F-Holes, possibly bound

3 piece curly maple neck

24.75 scale

Was hoping for an "H" tailpiece, but will likely go with a more standard Trapeze Tailpiece

I thought Millies had stoptail tailpieces! At least my 155 does.

I like what you;re doing! Find a CSB that you like; mine started with Guitfiddler's 157. Pictures will help the Kazoo Boys.

a sterling choice, matey!

prosp7.jpg

much good upon ye.

Oh Baby! That's a hottie.

That is great, Brian. There is no doubt that you're a winner at spec-ing out a custom order Heritage, we've seen the amazing results before.

... BTW... I'd seen Chestnut Sunburst abbreviated as CNSB... not to be confused with Cherry..

Image26.jpg

That is great, Brian. There is no doubt that you're a winner at spec-ing out a custom order Heritage, we've seen the amazing results before.

... BTW... I'd seen Chestnut Sunburst abbreviated as CNSB... not to be confused with Cherry..

Image26.jpg

On my, good catch Fred!

Guest HRB853370

Chestnut is great as long as it doesn't have too much "peach hue" tint in it. That is reserved for Georgia folks. What a nice color, especially with autumn right around the corner!! Perhaps it will be timed perfectly for a PSPVI delivery!

F-Holes, possibly bound

3 piece curly maple neck

24.75 scale

That sounds very cool. :thumbsup: Can't wait to see/hear it.

F-Holes, possibly bound

3 piece curly maple neck

24.75 scale

An all maple guitar with an ebony board ? That may turn out to be a very bright sounding guitar. On the other hand maybe that's what you're looking for ? Good call on the chestnut burst, I'm surprised there aren't more Heritages in that colour.

Archived