Heritage Owners Club

H 150...Pawn Shop Edition

brentrocks

In the Schundog spirit, I went pawn shop browsing today. Its kind of ironic, the one pawn shop is in the building where Dillons Music used to be on Cork st in Kalamazoo....

I walked in and saw this beautiful VSB H 150 behind the counter! I asked to see it. Noticed a headstock repair right away! Let the haggleing begin!!!!

They were asking $1185....i laughed

We came to an agreement...OHSC included

Got it home, cleaned it up, took out the SD 59ers, installed the Pete Flourance VOODO 59 pickups i got from KUZ.

Its a H 150 Classic, one piece back, medium C neck, rosewood board....2003

Thanks Brian for the inspiration!!!

IMG_4153_zpsdb05c341.jpg

IMG_4156_zps2563694b.jpg

IMG_4160_zps99653705.jpg

IMG_4161_zps869ad1ba.jpg

IMG_4163_zps95adaf8c.jpg

IMG_4166_zpse1573091.jpg

IMG_4172_zps3b06a4be.jpg

IMG_4175_zps62708e16.jpg

IMG_4174_zps581a3576.jpg

Nice finish Brent. I know the pawn shop you are talking about. It's across the street from a super market.

Very cool deal. Looks like its got a little honest play wear on the back of the neck.

I remember the first year I came up to K'zoo. I spent part of the afternoon riding around trying to find some music shops. There were supposed to be two on Cork St but only one was open and I think he was closed by the following year. One of them had to be Dillons.

I looked at that this morning hanging on the wall, when they were talking about finding the case for it, i knew it was gone.

were you the guy that got bit by the pitbulls?

were you the guy that got bit by the pitbulls?

I must have been gone before that, i heard them talking about finding the case for the heritage, and figured the only thing i would have bought just got sold, in fact they were passing the guitar over the counter for closer inspection when i was walking out.

Archived