Heritage Owners Club

NGD...H 140

brentrocks

This Heritage H 140 came up on the local craigslist....the pictures showed a monster natural quilt top, which is very rare for Heritage, usually they used flame maple only unless it was a special order.

I called the guy, he was super nice. Come to find out, he was one of the managers at an Outback Steak House near Grand Rapids, MI....he also wanted to check out my '68 SG/MM. He said if we drive up he will buy us a steak dinner at Outback!!!

So my wife, daughter and I drove to GR tonight to meet Ed. Checked out the guitars and I came home with the H 140! He was a really nice guy and we had a great dinner!

When I got it home, I wanted to put some chrome covered pickups in it to replace the black ones that were in it....did that. Also upgraded the Schaller hardware to locking Tone Pros. Got her all setup and plugged it in!!

It plays and sounds wonderful...slim neck, lightweight. One piece mahogany back, killer bookmatched quilt maple top, beautiful slab of rosewood too. Frets are in great shape as well. There are a couple small dings, nothing terrible...for being owned by a professional musician, it was well taken care of!!!

q1_zpsb6ba6823.jpg

q3_zps0bd63641.jpg

q4_zpsd6b8d244.jpg

q2_zps88c9bd25.jpg

q5_zpsb92ebd02.jpg

q6_zpsd15ad43c.jpg

q8_zps619a1e36.jpg

q7_zps922efe27.jpg

Quilty, lightweight, and a Florentine cut to boot! Now, who's got dibs?

hahaha If It were a translucent cherry I would have called dibbs already.

I'm not a big fan of natural finish... but then again, natural is the easiest to get refinished...

naw, I've bought enough guitars this year.

Archived