Heritage Owners Club

Another one bites the dust!

big bob

Oh my, that hurts my heart even up here in the freezing cold Midwest winter. I hope it's something that is repairable.

I have had guitars that needed headstock repairs -- and once fixed, you would never know (except that you can see it). I'll admit they were never this bad, but I will still bet you that a good luthier would be able to fix it so it is stable, and loses no playability -- and probably still look okay too.

A sad and shocking occurrence there... it causes pain to see.

But it will be revived. You are handy enough to handle yourself, but not sure if this guitar should be your first experience with that.

Maybe get advice from Brent on that. If not check out some local luthiers that do good work.

It would be great to have Pete do it, but doesn't it take a long time through him?

Paging Doctor Yoslate to emergency room 3.

Sorry to hear it happened. You get that sinking feeling that it's gone, but it can be fixed. The music will flow again!

Already weighed in on facebook, Rich. Clean break. Lots of surface area for glue. Not a lot of gnarly wood fiber, Truss rod's not involved. Lots of surface to jig and clamp, without a lot of oppositional slipping and sliding. From here, looks a good candidate for a repair.

well that sucks!

but i agree, IMO as breaks go, that is one of the best...to fix!

lots of surface area for the glue to bond to

that is also why I never use those 3 legged "accident-waiting-to-happen" guitar stands!!

good luck with the fix

My lovely wife was the one who started the tragic chain of events. IT was an accident, so I can't even be angry.

I have talked with several luthiers including Pete.

Looks like a repair would be tricky as part of the wood shattered into lots of little pieces. The quotes to put a new neck on are close to the price of a repair. I have put a request in with Ren at Heritage to see if they will sell me a neck. Now I wait !

I think you're making the right choice, Lance.

Maybe ship the neck, or what's left of it, to Heritage and they could maybe somewhat replicate it?

...this time with bling on it. Golden dragon inlay... 45 ply binding (virtually no fretboard wood) and the headstock veneer just a slab of abalone.

Oh.... In that case.... Sorry! Hope Ren can help you out, Lance.

Fingers crossed the folks at 225 can help make it whole again.

Oh.... In that case.... Sorry! Hope Ren can help you out, Lance.

It can be fixed, and that is still an option. It Would probably require support stints

This is what I know, not official estimates, but a close aproximation.

Repair = 250-300

Reneck = 250 + cost of neck

Sell as is = 800

And I whole heartedly agree with Barry, the new neck will need some bling!

Archived