Heritage Owners Club

NGD: H150 Ultra

Conneazoo

That's a rather stunning guitar. I've read that purple enhances creativity. A purple Heritage must be the best of all creative worlds. :)

Congrats AND Enjoy!

That's a rather stunning guitar. I've read that purple enhances creativity. A purple Heritage must be the best of all creative worlds. :)

Congrats AND Enjoy!

Thank you. I've practiced with the band with it once and it really cuts through. Also, surprisingly balanced considering the weight. A padded 3" strap seems to be working well.

Thanks for all of the compliments they are truly appreciated. As far as my research has told me, factory finished transparent purple guitars seem to be pretty rare, so I feel fortunate to have picked this up. Plus the fact that I dig "different" color axes only makes it better.

As far as the tonepros bridge/tailpiece setup. I find it to be totally superior to the Schaller pieces that these fine instruments come with from the factory. In fact, at the risk of putting myself into the crosshairs with this statement, The Schaller roller bridge and tailpiece are complete tone suckers. The difference between the two setups is night and day. This, as well as the sheer weight of the guitar, does wonders for sustain as well.

Awhile back I had a H140 GT that taught me this lesson. That was my first Heritage ever, sadly it went down the road as GAS took hold. The Purple one will be staying. I may be in the market for another soon, either a 157 or a 150 GT. I'll be sure to let all of you know when I begin the search.

The heavy grape has also been through one practice. It will go through two more before I play it for a benefit gig on the 28th. The stock '59s play very nicely with a Dual Rec Roadster 1/2 stack.

Thanks again for all of the positive comments.

Beautiful guitar, man, congratulations, and welcome to the HOC! I really dig the purple. I had a cheapo Jay Turser LP copy years ago that got more positive comments than about any other much better guitar i owned. Funny. While I agree that the tone pros stuff "looks" better/ more correct, I have several Heritages that still have the Schaller hardware, and, while I haven't done an A/B comparison with the same guitars with Tone Pros stuff, I think their tone is sublime. YMMV. Enjoy the heck out of your new big girl!

Beautiful guitar, man, congratulations, and welcome to the HOC! I really dig the purple. I had a cheapo Jay Turser LP copy years ago that got more positive comments than about any other much better guitar i owned. Funny. While I agree that the tone pros stuff "looks" better/ more correct, I have several Heritages that still have the Schaller hardware, and, while I haven't done an A/B comparison with the same guitars with Tone Pros stuff, I think their tone is sublime. YMMV. Enjoy the heck out of your new big girl!

I had the TonePros system waiting for another guitar but the deal fell through. I played the heavy grape with the Schaller pieces before any surgery was completed. Holding on to all pieces in case it goes down the road, although I doubt it. As I said, to me, it's night and day.

The 140GT I mentioned above is where I found my dislike of the Schaller bridges. That guitar ended up with Gibson pieces and again, to my ear, it was a totally transformed guitar. But, ultimately it was traded away.

Maybe it has to do with string contact, moving parts, solidification of the bridge to the instrument, sunspots moon phase, the jet stream, or maybe even the ebb and flow of oceanic tides, I have no idea. As you said, YMMV and that is very true. I believe that tone is one of the most subjective conversations to have. It almost always turns into a debate.

We like what we like. If our ears find it to be the truth for ourselves, the so be it!!

Thanks again to all for the comments and the welcome!!

Nice guitar, love the color. It reminds me of a beat up PRS McCarty I used to own with a similar purple flame top.

Thamks, I'm really digging it so far. Definitely still getting used to the weight though.

Ahhhh, the mighty PRS. I have a few of those myself.

Archived