Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Guitar Inc.of Kalamazoo announces:

Polo

Is the H tailpiece back?

I kinda doubt it. The supplier quit making them some years back (Schaller). They sometimes rattled.

It shouldn't be too difficult to find a good machine shop to make them however.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How is Schaller doing these days? I recall that the brothers had passed on, and that is what led to a lot of the supply problems that plagued Schaller in more recent times.

It's been 30 Years since Heritage started, so it's hard to keep anyone around for that long, let alone the guys that are getting up there in the years. What was the name of the paint sprayer that passed on a few years back? I have unfortunately forgotten, though I own guitars that he most likely worked on.

The late "great" finisher was Floyd, who sprayed Nitro without a respirator- although they supplied him with one, and he chain smoked. Man, could that guy create some gorgeous finishes on Heritage Guitars. He was the master of the shaded finish.

I kinda doubt it. The supplier quit making them some years back (Schaller). They sometimes rattled.It shouldn't be too difficult to find a good machine shop to make them however.

I was just curious why it occurred on a seemingly new guitar when the H was gone for years. I really think that th gorgeous Heritage archtops deserve signature tailpieces not just generic fingers. I like the look of the fingers and they are also very functional, but it takes high end archtops like Golden Eagles to the next level if they have a readily identifiable tailpiece, like the L5, super 400 etc. maybe that is some nice little touch that could come back now that there is new energy in the company.

Yes, and I will lobby for a proper bridge on the higher spec archtops. The guys began installing a $10 plain & cheap bridge a few years back and I was replacing them with a better full contact br. at my expense. My Pal Vince Lewis took note when they switched and has some pointed comments. We can do better guys...

We don't want no cheapy stinkin' bridge on our Golden Eagles!

Jay

Dear Jay,

Agreed. The bridge is another place where it makes no sense to cut corners. After making a beautiful carved top guitar only top notch hardware that should go on it. I also had a regular cheap bridge replaced by a full contact wood bridge and it was a big improvement in tone, volume and sustain. Won't do anything else in the future. It would be great, if Heritage could adjust the details. Their guitars are just fabulous!

The real irony lies in whos hands are holding that guitar....ill give you 3 guesses :icon_scratch:

I was trying to sit on my hands but I have to blurt it out. Vince Lewis.

I was trying to sit on my hands but I have to blurt it out. Vince Lewis.

Vince

I'm with you Bird.

Maybe I missed it, but have the new owners been identified by name? I'd sure like to tell them hello...and thanks!

The Owner is Mr. Archie Leech, who also owns the 225 Parsons Street building. I'm quite sure everyone will like Archie. His Marketing Manager Kyle Sobko is the man in charge at the shop. Bill Paige, Ren, Jim et al are still their in their former capacity. They remain closed this week, as they did last week, for some reorganizing and painting................and of course to setup the CNC machines and train the illegal Chinese workers in the fine art of making guitars from shipping crate wood and Richlite, installing the PC board wiring and zero frets.

Thanks,

Jay Wolfe

The Owner is Mr. Archie Leech, who also owns the 225 Parsons Street building. I'm quite sure everyone will like Archie. His Marketing Manager Kyle Sobko is the man in charge at the shop. Bill Paige, Ren, Jim et al are still their in their former capacity. They remain closed this week, as they did last week, for some reorganizing and painting................and of course to setup the CNC machines and train the illegal Chinese workers in the fine art of making guitars from shipping crate wood and Richlite, installing the PC board wiring and zero frets.

Thanks,

Jay Wolfe

Of course. :icon_jokercolor:

................and of course to setup the CNC machines and train the illegal Chinese workers in the fine art of making guitars from shipping crate wood and Richlite, installing the PC board wiring and zero frets.

Thanks,

Jay Wolfe

Good one Jay!

Thanks,

Jay Wolfe

Thanks, Jay.

I think you left off the upcoming Heritage Robo H-150 with Auto-Tuners. :icon_joker:

I think you left off the upcoming Heritage Robo H-150 with Auto-Tuners. :icon_joker:

...and of course to setup the CNC machines and train the illegal Chinese workers in the fine art of making guitars from shipping crate wood and Richlite, installing the PC board wiring and zero frets.

Thanks,

Jay Wolfe

One may only hope.... And that really was a funny post, Jay.

But seriously guys, we're now offering "Pre-Canadian" Heritage's at a mere 70% premium. Get 'em while they're HOT!!

((all in good fun of course)

There moving to Canada?

NO! Just a joke. Archie is Canadian, as are some of his guys. They're not moving.

Archived