Heritage Owners Club

Well, I told you that strat wouldn't last long!

kbp810

So, when I said in this thread here that the Strat probably wouldn't last long... I honestly didn't mean to imply it would be leaving quite this soon.

...but alas, an opportunity came up that I simply could not pass up. A bit of good luck the week before the arm goes under the knife!

You may recall from some time ago, the story of the 150 at a NJ Guitar Center that was actually a 575; that I quickly snagged. As time went on, and more and more Heritages came and went from the stable, somewhere along the line I ended up selling it to one of our IT guys at work. They were looking for a hollow body for a project their band was working on, and it seemed like a good opportunity to properly introduce them to Heritage.

That was a mistake.

That 575 was one of the best playing guitar I've ever owned, and whenever the topic of "the one that got away" came up, people are generally quite surprised to hear that out of all the great guitars I've owned, letting go of the 575 was by far my biggest regret.

Well today that wrong has been righted! He approached me yesterday saying that they no longer had a need for the 575 and it was just sitting in its case collecting dust. Chit chat ensued, talk of my new strat was introduced, and before I knew it we hashed out a deal, and today guitars were swapped.

Really happy to have this one come back home! - but once again, I've gone and rambled on, and on, and on; so lets just get to the point already:

198C5B07-4644-4D78-9729-CEB09437C463_zps

A8DC984C-D4B9-4F44-83E6-6E992C72D875_zps

3799416D-D9B1-48D4-BF47-41BCB14E2D4F_zps

B1A2B1BD-8650-4C4E-B970-BD6449B30C63_zps

216D2AD9-57EB-4C64-93A4-E20415E22A54_zps

Nice re-snatch!

Very sweet guitar, Brian. Congrats!

What are the HB sized P90's that you have in there?

Thanks!

Manlius Fat Goats - great sounding p90 pup. Very clear bell like tones when clean, good touch of growl when pushed. I'd completely forgot those were in there until I opened the case at swap time.

That was a great find. Always loved looking at that one when you had it. Whenever I think of our jams we used to do, that was the guitar I thought of.

Definitely miss those jams - pretty sure we couldn't get away with shakin' the warehouse like that anymore nowadays :headbang:

Another funny lingering tale from the 575; I'd completely forgot that back when I put in the Fat Goats, I had a real heck of a time trying to find a matching pair of cream pickup rings (needed two curved bridge rings); and eventually just went with what I had on hand, and if you look closely at the picture you'll see what I mean, they're two different shades. I made a stop by Guitar Denter earlier to grab some fresh strings and see what they had for rings - they had three on hand, one Gibson brand, and the other two I think we're branded as Pro Line. All three were different shades, and they were all different from the two I had! Seriously, 5 cream pickup rings, 5 different colors. No two were even close. One was more of an off white, one had a slight yellow tint, and one was right smack dab in the middle of the spectrum between the two I have now. One day I'll find that elusive matching pair :icon_salut:

Oh Baby! Nice flames on the hot rod! Time to play the snot out of her before you wake up with a pained shoulder and lots of opiates - which, coincidentally, may hinder your ability to play cowboy chords...

I'll bring the scotch and a pumpkin cheesecake. A fond tradition started earlier by two thoughtful HOCers.

Oh yeah, that's a real beaut Brian, how could you ever let that go! Anyway, glad you got that one back and it sounds to me like you got the better end of the deal. :icon_thumright:

wow, that is a gorgeous 575....and congratulations on getting it back!!

I had a similar tale with a strat I sold....then bought back, 3 years later!

( sure feels good to be reunited with something like that )

Hmm....

Here's your Les Paul Blues :)

We can router the top for full sized humbuckers making it The most sought after 157 on the planet!

Bring a set of adult diapers. I know what will happen when we go to machine the prettiest piece of maple I've ever seen.

We can router the top for full sized humbuckers making it The most sought after 157 on the planet!

Bring a set of adult diapers. I know what will happen when we go to machine the prettiest piece of maple I've ever seen.

this must be that ridiculous quilt top 157 with triples and a cupids bow?

Don't you dare.

Me and 212MavGuy need to have a chat to help ensure this doesn't happen, LOL

Ah, some of you know how much I love to tinker with amps, vintage tubes and speakers? Well, I used to build control line model airplanes, had a lot of hand and power tooled woodworking, been on a paint crew for building maintenance department, I love working with wood!

hehehe...

JK

Ha... this thread goes in all the right directions.

Congrats on the 575... it looks to be special instrument.

And the 157..... another fine one. Routing out that maple top is gonna be hard to do... it looks too good with the minis.

Me and 212MavGuy need to have a chat to help ensure this doesn't happen, LOL

Good. I don't look good in diapers.

Archived