Heritage Owners Club

UPS ruins another beautiful Heritage

brentrocks

I was very excited to rock this beautiful 2003 H150 tonight...but at the the hands of UPS, it now has an UGLY headstock break!!!!

I have been in contact with the seller. He is a great guy and are going to work together to get through this tragity.

The break is pretty gnarly....it will tough to make it look good again.

9A0D8C89-E644-40FB-B1C3-F4F825D7412C_zps DCB46BB6-4933-4CD5-854E-A391B3A91FF7_zps D6F3E09D-455C-4AA6-BED3-13CD20874B6F_zps 5068D492-8291-4320-9EE0-AE6C1BC738E5_zps 4E2DCAD9-575D-4689-84AE-C15A8812DF29_zps 2DE7B96E-5C3D-4C31-B911-9C79EF118B46_zps

MAJOR bummer. You get a really nice flamed body 150, and then it gets trashed.

It should be standard practice to put foam packing around the headstock to keep it from snapping like that. The headstock needs to be immobilized to prevent that from happening. That said, UPS obviously crushed the box at some point, and probably let it drop face first.

That's one reason I drove up to your place to pick up LK's 525. Between the cold weather and the shipping abuse, I figured there would be too good of a chance it would get damaged! That wouldn't happen in the back seat of my car.

I hope things work out.

Man that sucks! thats a weird break. Such a nice looking guitar!

I cant understand how that happens. I shipped 1000s of guitars and never had an issue or break of any kind.

You would have to be really rough to create a break like that.

I never did much more than put the guitar in its case and then put the case in a box with a bit of packing.

The only guitars Ive seen come in with headstock damage were ones that had too much packing around the head stock which created uneven pressure between the headstock and neck.

I basically pack a guitar the same way as manufacturers and they pack lightly by comparison to private sellers . I figure they can get here from the US, Japan, China and Europe and then travel another 2000-2500 miles on a truck with very few casualties then its a good method to adopt.

There's some guy on the for sale forum who's looking for a guitar with a broken head stock...

they have a good fixture at AA Guitars. I'd check the factory first and them second.

That's a tragedy.

Sorry.

Sorry about your recent luck with 150 purchases Brent!

I can't help but wonder if this could be the other wordly work of "Zenobia"?

Fwiw- Bringing that guitar along with you on a random Wed or Fri factory tour would probably be the smartest move here. 225 will fix that if you really wanted them too.

There's just no getting used to seeing photos like that, it must be a shock to open a case and see it.

I'm lucky in that I know my UPS guy and stuff always arrives smoothly. The most harrowing experience was waiting for the Centurion to arrive and opening that case... oh my, glad that one was ok .

Good luck , Brent .. I know you'll get it fixed right .

An unconscionable act and the driver must have been a real piece of shit to even leave that at your door with the box tore up like that. That said, if it had sufficient packing materials and of course it was in the OHSC, you would think it would have survived! Unless, as others have said, it took a very very hard drop (like from 10+ feet). Sorry for your disappointment but knowing you, there will be lemonade made from this lemon.

What a monster top too..... Time to take it to Pete or the factory. Get a bound and crowned '58 thickness neck on it!

A new neck from Heritage would be at least $500, no?

Every new guitar or warranty guitar I've gotten from Heritage was guitar in case, case in box, shipped. And from what I understand their damage rate is near nil. That box had to be dropped from distance to make that head flex enough to break like that. That beat up shipping box doesn't tell the real story. How friggin' sad!!

This would be why I nearly pee myself every time I ship a guitar anywhere, inbound or outbound. It looks like maybe the guitar shifted inside the case and the headstock hit the end of the case? Or it was exposed to some serious G forces. Grover tuners are pretty heavy.

A new neck from Heritage would be at least $500, no?

to get it fixed where as you won't see it may cost the same, right? Get it bound, crowned, and inlayed with a fat neck .9" at the 1st and 1.0" at the 12th. Might be a 2016 Gibson Traditional in your future if you did.

I wish there was a specialized shipping service ONLY for breakable, high-end goods like guitars.

Kinda like Reverb.com did the Ebay thing but only for musical instruments and without a lot of the b.s.

There is the niche! Start your own company! I'll invest...

Archived