Heritage Owners Club

Friends shouldn’t let friends use E-bay.

notbillgelder

There I was minding my own business, sitting on the couch playing a very nice gold top H-150, with P-90’s. I was completely GAS free. When suddenly my phone went off. It was a text from a friend, who shall remain nameless, that lives in Gainesville. The text was a link to an E-bay auction for a lovely Heritage guitar. I’d tried to resist the urge of opening the link, knowing that if I did I would become the person that I fear most. But the temptation was just too strong and I click on the link. Immediately after seeing the beautiful Heritage guitar I became full of GAS. I was so GASSY that if anyone had been in the room at the time they would’ve smelt the GAS oozing out of me. I was so mad at my friend. Damn him, he is such a “pointy stick.” I called him to let him know how upset I was with him. He informed me that not only had he sent the link to me, but also to another good friend of ours in Michigan. Now I’m going to have to go to war with one of my dearest and closest friends. (A bidding war that is.) I would be going into a mortal battle with a dear friend. The vision of Spock and Captain Kirk fighting it out in an old Star trek episode was playing in my head. I decided to call my dear friend in Michigan to see if we could work something out so it would not become an ugly ordeal. I talked to “Woody” (his name has been changed to protect the innocent until proven guilty) about the evil doings of the “Pointy stick.” Woody agreed that not only was this a mean and nasty thing for the Pointy stick to do, but he would not pursue the immaculate guitar. He would step aside allowing me to acquire the guitar without any interference. He also suggested making a low offer to see if the seller was eager. I took Woody’s advice. Much to my delight and chagrin the seller accepted my low-ball offer. In approximately one week I will be the proud owner of a 2009, CNSB, 2¾ inch deep H-555. What are friends for?

H555%201_zpsojscrijo.jpg

H555%209_zpsu6uq15c3.jpg

H555%204_zpswbhsuzxg.jpg

H555%205_zpswe0q7elv.jpg

H555%202_zps8aqedzdq.jpg

Wow. There's a tale. Your friend, up in the great, white north, would-he have backed off if he didn't think you deserved it? Would-he have not been so gracious if he were not a good friend? Would-he be so cruel as to stab his friend in the back?

-or-

Would he accept that you had already invested copious volumes of time and effort? Would he be satisfied by calling dibbs? Would-he just be a fool?

Man. I wood really hate being referred to as "Pointy Stick!" I'm (kind of) glad I don't live in Florida - Skin Slammer!

That's a tough pill to swallow having spent the majority of the AM chipping Ice out of the gutters.

Does it have the full block or is it hollow?

I would think that the deep body + block would be super heavy ...

Jealous

Good question.

Here is the sellers disruption.

Heritage 555 Hollowbody Prototype Guitar This is the RAREST of the RARE! Case Queen. No marks, scratches, etc.
Heritage 555 Hollowbody, one of 3 different prototype guitars ever made.
2 3/4" deep, double cutaway hollow maple body.
Traditional 555 appointments.
The sound variations are amazing. This goes from acoustic to jazz archtop to electric sounds with ease.
The possibilites are endless.
Mahogany rounded profile neck with Ebony fingerboard. (12" radius)
Original HSC
I did talk to Pete Farmer today he thought it might be a full block.
So we will have to see when it gets here.

I'm really glad this unique 555 has found a good home. My Ebay trigger finger started twitching as soon as I saw it yesterday. Nice score, Bill!

By the way, that was once owned by Marty Grass. And MG knows a good guitar when he sees, plays and owns one.

I have it from a reliable source that the pointy stick really wanted that guitar. He passed it on to Billy because he the pointy stick already has way to many hollow body guitars including the best one ever made!

Plus he's broke.

Archived