Heritage Owners Club

Loving this Cadillac Green!

slide13

Wasn't really shopping for a new guitar at all until I saw one of these Cadillac Green H-150 Custom Cores.  I absolutely love this color.  It seems the metallic part of it is gold instead of silver so it has these gold-top-esque undertones to it, just beautiful.  

My first Heritage guitar and I'm really impressed with it.  Fit and finish is outstanding, better than my recently sold R8, and the quality of fretboard wood especially stands out compared to what I see on most Les Paul's these days.  

Probably going to drop that tailpiece and top wrap it at first restring.  The bridge on these is nice but it definitely needs a pretty shallow break angle to not hit the back of the bridge.  

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Yeah, it’s the gold undertones that really do it for me.  Love Cadillac Green but if it had been like many I’ve seen with silver undertones I’m not sure I’d have felt the need to jump on it like I did.  But with the warm gold undertones it just sucked me right in.  They nailed it with this color!

Our old buddy, RhoadsScholar, picked up a Cadillac green Gretsch from the 1950s a few yew years ago.  He got it from a pawn shop in Detroit.  Pete Moreno repaired the binding.  The first view it looked disgusting.  About 5 seconds later and thereafter it was just plain cool.

Back then Gretsch simply painted the guitars and didn't worry about wood flame and grain.  Of course Gibson and Heritage had their whites, blacks and goldtops as well as the occasional orange, blue and green.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/19658508-rhoadsscholar-com

Archived