Heritage Owners Club

Can you identify this '03 Heritage finish?

I had an H-550 with that finish. It was called Almond Sunburst on the label.

I think it's more Antique SunBurst. That's primarily a brown to yellow sunburst.    Like Mars Hall said, ALmond SunBurst has red to it.  My H157 was ALSB.   OldStyle Sunburst goes black to brown to yellow.   Vintage sunburst is a more pale sunburst.   Of course, since they were all hand painted,  there is quite a bit of variance, but these were the "targets".  

AntquieSunburst.jpg.080a58eb5f0c3169614f92b1f4e21cb2.jpgVintageSunburst.jpg.fce332b392745c4fc60a749a2d967733.jpg

AlmondSunburst.jpg.53531e21ceaa8361f7c1d4f5e9fdfc9a.jpgOldStyleSunburst.jpg.256361aea2be4ebdcf99bda9768d3e1b.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, golferwave said:

The ad said it's almond sunburst, from the picture it looks like antique sunburst. Either way it's a beautiful finish.

I somehow missed that my friend.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, michaeljames said:

Thanks all!  ASB looks really close.  Yep, I'll check the label.  I've been wanting another Heritage for awhile.  Then the 59 Replica came into the picture.  Then this one popped up at a great price.  I scratched both my itches.  I have to start selling one of these days!  Or at least quit buying!  I am out of room!  i'll start tripping over them and knock one over breaking a head stock! :BangHead:

• Like 1

Thank you.  I've had many Heritage guiters over the years.  Some had labels.  Some didn't.  Some had labels with no signatures.  Like Gobson ~ all over the frigging board!  I'm glad I got this 2003.  I'm old school.  Hoping a little extra 'care' was put into the build knowing it was a custom order for a friend of Ren Wall.

5 hours ago, LK155 said:

If it's like my H150, the label will be on the underside of the control cover plate....

P1030237.jpg

Transparent blue and the serial number doesn't match. Must have gotten switched at some time. Might be worth a call to Ren to see if he would make you a new sticker with the correct information.

Just now, golferwave said:

Transparent blue and the serial number doesn't match. Must have gotten switched at some time. Might be worth a call to Ren to see if he would make you a new sticker with the correct information.

Sorry, I wasn't paying close enough attention. The sticker Lyle posted from his 20th anniversary, and what an example it is.   

The color depends on who's mixing and shooting, and how that chemistry takes to the individual piece of wood.  Back in the day, finishes could be all over the place.  My money's on ALSB.

WOW!  Thanks my HOC experts!  I really appreciate your combined wealth of experience!

i'm glad I picked this guitar up.  No plans to change electronics, but I do have a Gibby Historic Bridge and Tailpiece I might pull out of the closet.

Glad to be a 'legit' member of HOC again.  Hi Milliniuim! 😵

• Like 1

1 hour ago, michaeljames said:

WOW!  Thanks my HOC experts!  I really appreciate your combined wealth of experience!

i'm glad I picked this guitar up.  No plans to change electronics, but I do have a Gibby Historic Bridge and Tailpiece I might pull out of the closet.

Glad to be a 'legit' member of HOC again.  Hi Milliniuim! 😵

Were you able to check the label yet? I'm placing my money on ALSB.

On 4/3/2024 at 3:14 AM, High Flying Bird said:

Both of these are Almond sunburst. 

img_5202_std.jpg

Bird...I always thought that one was a Chestnut Burst, a fairly rare but stunning Heritage color.

Almond Burst.  Label Identifies.  I want to thank nicknickhall and martygrass. And everyone else who opined. This is a sweet guitar!

Notice the work of Pete Moreno.

H150 label.jpg

• Like 1