Heritage Owners Club

Heritage VS Gibson test.

DimA

I find it fascinating to see Heritages popping up all over the world.  We're still

waiting to hear from someone in Africa then we'll have all the continents covered.

Well, not counting Antarctica that is.  Maybe some scientist will bring one along

and tell us about it.

Any of you out there listening in, give us a shout !

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thierry:

Good to hear from you.  Been quite a while since you last posted.  Congrats on the acquisition of the historic 335.  Given its pedigree, I guess we can forgive you.  And now that the diplomacy is out of the way....  So where are the pics of the 150?  Don't think for a minute that you're off of the hook!  In fact, I think you've opened yourself up in posting the 335 but not the 150.  You have some explaining to do....

Rob:

Glad to see your reply ~ I thought I was in the dog house  :'(

You're right, I need to make amends. Here are a couple of pics for starters... a youtube vid is on its way - I'll try to use the new embed feature of the board.

#1 - Brand new H-150 is unpacked and given a "sniff of approval" by Mia the house cat.

#2 - Close-up on the OSB finish (what a beauty eh?)

#3 - Kyle in Heritage Heaven  ;D

Stay tuned for more goodies...

DSC00852.JPG

DSC00852.JPG_thumb

DSC00851.JPG

DSC00851.JPG_thumb

100_1138.jpg

100_1138.jpg_thumb

Awesome!  I hope to see you guys at the PSII this year.  I will not be smoking with you this year but I will sit with you while you smoke.  I look forward to seeing you guys again.

Ron

Cigarette free for 13 days.  :angel:

Ron, we're all looking forward to seeing you again at PSII also. Very fond memories of PSI we have (sorry, Yoda made me say this :))

Something occurred to me... this year will be a true "reunion" for some of us  ;D (I guess last year was actually a "union"?)

Of course, it will be even more fun to meet both new and old HOC friends! But then again, that IS what life's about, I reckon...

Here's an oldy from 1966, for those of you who aren't familiar with the "Ducks". Mick Jagger did say they were his favorite Canadian band on a few occasions... for what it's worth :rolleyes:

I'll try to learn a few of their songs before PSII and bring some tab sheets for whomever wants to join in ~ that will be my tribute to Roger :)

I forgot to mention something: in the previous video where Kyle plays Little Wing, the H-150 is plugged directly into my Fender HotRod Deluxe - no effect pedals whatsoever. Pure Heritage-to-Tube amp sound.

This is important because, as you listen to the tone (especially at around 3mn:40s into the clip) you will truly appreciate the natural sustain of this guitar. The harmonics do not feedback, but produce a clean and lasting sustain transition from the note to its natural harmonic that only a carefully crafted instrument can reproduce with this level of purity.

(Can you tell I'm a Heritage brainwashed addict yet?)

Seriously though, Heritage guitars are awe-inspiring when played, as well as displayed :-)

Cheers to all!

Seriously though, Heritage guitars are awe-inspiring when played, as well as displayed :-)

I would modify that to "Heritage guitars are inspiring when played, and awe-inspriing when played well." That was a great clip, Thierry; Kyle is quite a player!

Hey Thierry!!  Long time no 'hear' from.  Nice to catch up on your guitar-news.  Wow - Kyle's an awesome player - great playing on Wing.  And that's direct to your Deluxe?!?  I thought for sure there was a pedal in there.  What pickups do you have in it?

Looking forward to seeing ya at PSP!

cheers,

rw

Hey Thierry!!  Long time no 'hear' from.  Nice to catch up on your guitar-news.  Wow - Kyle's an awesome player - great playing on Wing.  And that's direct to your Deluxe?!?  I thought for sure there was a pedal in there.  What pickups do you have in it?

Looking forward to seeing ya at PSP!

cheers,

rw

Hey Randy! nice to hear back from you too. Yep, the H-150 is direct to the Deluxe and has a pair of red-hot SD 59's. Ren did a fine job with the setup too :)

Thanks for the nice feedback ~ I've passed the compliments along to Kyle who appreciated it very much!

Bolero, where from are you in Canada? I'm in Scarborough (Toronto east).

Getting back to the original subject..I think..IMHO, if you are collecting guitars as am investment, then go with the GBrand, but if you are a player who wants a tone monster, and you don't have 4 or 5K floating around, then Heritage is the ticket..It's really pretty easy if you think about it from that standpoint..Just don't get caught up in the name on the headstock..OK I am off my soapbox now..LOL

Archived