Heritage Owners Club
Sign in to follow this  
PunkKitty

NAD - Fender '68 Custom Deluxe Reverb

I sold the Orange amp that I had a few months ago. But I stumbled across this Fender '68 Custom Deluxe Reverb amp at a pawn shop. It looks to be in brand new condition. It was missing the footswitch and cover, but that's not a big deal. I paid about half of what they go for new.
[IMG]

Nice find on a great sounding amp.  I own a black face DR which I bought new.  It did come with a foot switch, but not a cover.  Enjoy.

Good score Monica. That one has been on my radar for awhile. Enjoy!

Great Score!

I remember the hype when those came out.  A slightly hotter version of the original and reviewers said they sounded great.

Isn't there a pull knob on the volume to make it a "hotter" and then push in for a "normal" (not as in the "normal channel" input, but as in "regular" unaltered '68 Deluxe Reverb channel)?

So is it a modern day take on a 68 deluxe or did they make a custom deluxe back in 68? Beautiful amp!

51 minutes ago, rwinking said:

So is it a modern day take on a 68 deluxe or did they make a custom deluxe back in 68? Beautiful amp!

It's a modern day take on one. One channel has a Baseman tone stack. The other has a copy of the vintage Deluxe Reverb tone stack.

I was not aware of them. Congrats! That is a cool amp!

cool amplifier, congrats

17 hours ago, PunkKitty said:

It's a modern day take on one. One channel has a Baseman tone stack. The other has a copy of the vintage Deluxe Reverb tone stack.

That's it. I knew there was two different voicings of some kind.  Enjoy!

Posted (edited)

Not long ago, I was testing out a Gretsch guitar in a Guitar Center, and they had some of these new Fender amps there, '68 Silverface Princeton, '68 Deluxe Reverb, and a '68 Vibrolux, and they all sounded pretty good. They all got a little more overdrive than their vintage counterparts which was something I liked. I liked the Gretsch most with the Vibrolux, but the Deluxe sounded great with an LP! Congrats on a nice amp!

Here's acool video of it being compared to the '65 reissue. They both sound good...

Edited by rockabilly69
  • Like 1

Great!  I played a silverface "67 or "68 DR once at a shop, and I still regret not buying it.  I've never heard a sweeter sound.  Congratulations. 

• Like 1

Follow up... This is a great amp. I'm loving the clean sounds I'm getting out of it.

PK, I bet it sounds killer with your 575. 

2 hours ago, Gitfiddler said:

PK, I bet it sounds killer with your 575. 

It really does.