Heritage Owners Club

535 smile

strings

o.k , at the risk of boring you guys to tears, or putting you all into a coma.............but i gotta tell ya, after a few weeks i have totally taken my 535 to heart. man who knew? had a 335 back in the day, good ax, somehow, i just don't remember the bond with it that i have with this guitar, love to play it. i have 2 G&L's a blues boy, and a custom classic, love these, but a whole different animal, really. i feel like i have found a very special thing, and feel sorry for the folks (maybe) that don't get the amazing quality, playability, and real value of these instruments. life is good..............

Guest HRB853370

You'll get no argument from me. I do, indeed, "get it." Smurph1 should be chiming in here sometime soon, too!

I'll chime in.....I have bonded with both my 535 and my 555

o.k , at the risk of boring you guys to tears, or putting you all into a coma.............but i gotta tell ya, after a few weeks i have totally taken my 535 to heart. man who knew? had a 335 back in the day, good ax, somehow, i just don't remember the bond with it that i have with this guitar, love to play it. i have 2 G&L's a blues boy, and a custom classic, love these, but a whole different animal, really. i feel like i have found a very special thing, and feel sorry for the folks (maybe) that don't get the amazing quality, playability, and real value of these instruments. life is good..............

Indeed, 'tis a good life!

i feel like i have found a very special thing, and feel sorry for the folks (maybe) that don't get the amazing quality, playability, and real value of these instruments. life is good..............

Yes, I felt that immediately ( and still do ) with my first Heritage, an H-150.

And amazingly, feel that with every Heritage that I own.

Good for you. Welcome to the 535 club. This is to be expected with a Heritage 535, it can't be resisted, you must yield to the 535.

Can I add to the pile if I have a 555?--If not, I'll just agree with all of your guys and add a 535 to my wish list!

Triple-Nickels are accepted, but all of us 535ers are going to wonder if you are compensating for something if you have to have all that bling... :icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin: Just kidding, they are gorgeous!

You're preachin to the choir brother!!

I've had a long adventure with mine. Played countless gigs with it, and recorded a couple of CDs with it. I've also sold it a couple of times, due to stupid fits of gas. Luckily, after coming to my senses, I was able to get it back. No matter what I do, it fits me better than any other guitar; which is why I keeping it for good.

I was out of town for 8 days last week, and on the day I returned, had way too much to do and was unable to touch the guitars. It's funny because, I had my 535 a month before I travelled, and I wondered how it would feel picking it up after a week away, would it make me smile the way my old trusty Idol does.

Yeah, man. It was all that and more. Just a fantastic instrument.

I continue to feel validated by this thing, as it was a stretch for me at the time, and I've had moments of remorse when I see other dual humbuckered/f-holed/bursted guitars hanging on the wall. But that morning kiss, my hand on her neck, her lower bout resting against my thigh, her arched back against my torso......ahem , yeah, well, it confirmed things. :rolleyes_mini::icon_thumleft:

Nothing like a 535. I was playing mine last evening, just using my fingers and that old tweed amp, playing a little blues. I never get over that sound. I love it.

Some of you may remember that I played my 555 (OK, a 535 w/bling) through my Swart STR at PSP III. Who knew that "Smoke On the Water" could sound so good with a semi-hollow and a 5W amp?!

I can't wait til I can get a 535 to bond with. :(

You will get there eventually Barry, but for now enjoy that beautiful 575 :icon_thumright:

Triple-Nickels are accepted, but all of us 535ers are going to wonder if you are compensating for something if you have to have all that bling... :icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin: Just kidding, they are gorgeous!

Well, I did de-bling my 555, it now has no gold on it, new nickel pick up covers, new bridge and stop piece all in nickel, and I polished all the gold plate off the tuners.

However, I love sunburst guitars, and my 555 is natural, so I suppose, that it would be a great reason to get a 535 eventually - along with that 150 I have always wanted.

Archived