Heritage Owners Club

KAHUNA!

tbonesullivan

Well, I bit, and it got here Tuesday, and I finally got a chance to snap some pictures. It is in great shape except for the chip on the top, a chip on the back of the upper bout, and some pressure marks on the bottom. All in all the total amount of finish damage is a bunch less than what was on my H150CM that I paid like $1500 for. The pickups appear to be standard schallers, the fretboard ebony. Not sure exactly what kind of bridge is on it, but it does need a little polishing up. The strings I have no idea about, but they do look kinda cool.

Anyway, the pictures!

kahuna1.jpg

kahuna2.jpg

kahuna3.jpg

kahuna4.jpg

and the one finish chip I am thinking about getting fixed:

kahuna5.jpg

Never seen blue strings before...

Love the naked, black neck!

Beautiful guitar! Congrats :icon_thumright:

kahuna2.jpg

It is a cool looking guitar. The photo above is fantastic. Mars Hall commented the other day that sometimes a small piece of a guitar can make the best photo. You demonstrated that here.

It does look like the pickguard is interfering with the cut away. Eh?

Oh, I think DR makes colored strings.

Congrats!

That is a very, very cool guitar, especially the headstock Tiki graphic.

I believe the Guitar-x listing/photos posted in the original thread listed the pups as HRWs.

What a great looker with the ebony board, blue finish and "studio" style treatment.

Enjoy that unique Heritage.

Guest HRB853370

Well, I bit, and it got here Tuesday, and I finally got a chance to snap some pictures. It is in great shape except for the chip on the top, a chip on the back of the upper bout, and some pressure marks on the bottom. All in all the total amount of finish damage is a bunch less than what was on my H150CM that I paid like $1500 for. The pickups appear to be standard schallers, the fretboard ebony. Not sure exactly what kind of bridge is on it, but it does need a little polishing up. The strings I have no idea about, but they do look kinda cool.

Anyway, the pictures!

kahuna1.jpg

kahuna2.jpg

kahuna3.jpg

kahuna4.jpg

and the one finish chip I am thinking about getting fixed:

kahuna5.jpg

Hmm, that cutaway on the body looks different than that on a conventional 150. So is this guitar made for a Hawaiian dealership? It does have big Kahunas!!

Congrats on an interesting instrument.

The Kahuna design was originally created for Chris Bovard.

Chris Bovard

I went to Chris Bovard's site; he looks like an interesting character, and no wonder he connects with this guy, someone I like to listen to from time to time; can't handle it all the time. Popa Chubby is pretty eclectic, but the New York vocals get on my nerves sometimes. I'll take the guitar sounds any day, though. Everything from Blues to this type of thing. See also "How'd a White Boy get the Blues."

THe pickguard does go a bit into the cutaway, but if it didn't I think it might be too fragile or would just be an interesting shape. The cutaway seems to go deeper into the body than an H-150. The pickups I am not sure about. There is no dot on the pickup selector, and there is no mention of HRW's on the label. However, Until I pull the pickups, can't be sure of anything.

It does weigh a bit. I will need to take it into work to get a "real" weight on it. It does need a BIT of a setup. it's got a bit too much relief, but more than that, the action is set too high at the bridge.

The neck is comfy, not quite as big as my H150 neck, but bigger than my H-535 neck.

I think thats one of those Heritages you have to love because it's a Heritage. :drunken_smilie: Certainly an interesting piece of H-History. That is definitely a different wrap tailpiece. I would suspect it's a Schaller of some sort. Altho' it's not a current model, if it is Schaller.

Nice score, TBone. I'm also a fan of that design. How about a shot of it standing next to a 150 so we get an idea of its proportions?

Enjoy!

I probably shoulda taken one last night. I mean my H150 is in one of the cases right behind it, but it was late and I forgot. Maybe tonite, though I'm gonna be mega busy for the next few days.

Archived