Heritage Owners Club

Gold Top H 150, from the musty basement

brentrocks

UPS brought the Goldtop H 150 from RI yesterday. HOLY S**T! Tarnish, corrosion, dirt, grime! All were what i saw when i opened the case. The frets were so tarnished, they were gold!!! I thought the tuners were going to be a total loss but after lots of time with some silver/nickel polish and a lot of elbow grease, they cleaned up pretty good.

The Schaller bridge and tailpiece were pitted pretty bad so I took a set from my stash and replaced those, along with a pickguard bracket that was pitted so bad all of the chrome was gone.

As for the guitar itself, a few dings on the top, sides and back...nothing too terrible. The headstock repair is a pro job for sure and was very well done. The neck is like an arrow, the frets are almost like new and the action is pleasently low.

The stock Schallers pickups had been swapped out for a set of SD Pearly Gates zebras. These are probably my favorite SD pups and they sound GREAT! (sound clip coming soon)

Here is the before and after on the tuners, they didnt clean up perfectly, but they had been neglected for so long...

IMG_9434.jpg

And the rest of the guitar...

IMG_9443.jpg

IMG_9442.jpg

IMG_9441.jpg

IMG_9440.jpg

IMG_9439.jpg

IMG_9438.jpg

IMG_9436.jpg

Looks like a lot of elbow grease but overall pretty nice. Who shipped it? If I remember right they said local pickup only. Enjoy!

the guitar was in RI, the seller was in Belgium, it was at his parents house, so his parents shipped it

Ah, patina is a wonderful thing. It only occurs with quality items.

I grew up in RI. It's the salty air . You should've seen my '65 Ford Mustang. You could do the Flintstone thing and stick your feet out the bottom it was rusted so bad.

Salty air?

Anybody wanting a patina on their guitar can send it to me, I'll strap it to the hood of my car for a few days this winter.

Great sound, Brent. What pedals were you using?

Salty air?

Anybody wanting a patina on their guitar can send it to me, I'll strap it to the hood of my car for a few days this winter.

Great sound, Brent. What pedals were you using?

Thanks man!

the clean part is just a Strymon ElCapistan tape echo delay....the first dirty part has a BIG MUFF added, then i switch over to a Boss MT-2

there' something nice about a gold top, especially as it ages, one that gets better.... Nice buy.

You are correct sir!

I love goldtops Brent, good score!

Thanks man!

:icon_joker:

Congrats Brent! I listened to the sound clip - sounds real ballsy!

Thanks. Come to find out, it's a 59er in the neck and a PG in the bridge.

Archived