Heritage Owners Club

HFT 445 jam

brentrocks

I have been playing my 445 almost exclusively the last month or two. have it right here beside me, in fact. i'm hittin your link now Brent.

hope you're feeling better.

oh yeah, got that real earthy tone goin.. you dropped the tuning down too, I detect a little Eb power chordality.. :)

think I'll pick mine up now, see what you started?

Well, I indeed broke out the 450 and a mic ...the funny thing is, I already get distracted enough when trying to play and record at the same time (my focus keeps getting drawn to the recording level meter, lol) ...but trying to play and record, all while watching the Tigers play is a whole 'nother challenge for my short attention span! (well, let's just say had I also been chewing bubble gum at the same time I likely would have shut down completely)

If you listen closely you probably pin point every time there was either a hit or a big out

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3272872/450%20blue%20eyes.mp3

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3272872/450%20pinball.mp3

Wow!!! I really like the sound of you guys' 445s!! Never heard them before - that's the kind of accoustic sound I like - big, crisp, and yet with bottom. do they still make them? Couldn't find it on the website.

• 2 weeks later...

nice clips, both!

I liked the sliding up/bending brent had, what was that? open tuning of some sort? when you went to one of the chords there was a really neat discord going on as you went into it

KB the start of the 1st clip sounded like a Ten Years After song

what equip did you guys use to record?

nice clips, both!

I liked the sliding up/bending brent had, what was that? open tuning of some sort? when you went to one of the chords there was a really neat discord going on as you went into it

Thanks

The first song was Behind Blue Eyes, by the Who

For my recording it was an SM57 and a MXL 3000 into a M-Audio firewire 410, recorded on mac book via Reaper 64. I had the SM57 pointed towards the 12th fret, and the MXL a few few back

Koula,

Heritage hasn't made any acoustics for years. I'm not sure if it was Aaron Cowles that did the acoustics (its somewhere in an older thread), but the closest you'll get these days to a Heritage would be something like a Sweet 16 without pickups.

Koula,

Heritage hasn't made any acoustics for years. I'm not sure if it was Aaron Cowles that did the acoustics (its somewhere in an older thread), but the closest you'll get these days to a Heritage would be something like a Sweet 16 without pickups.

I was led to believe that Larrivée built the bodies and Heritage made and fitted the necks....in which case Larrivée can still be had. His core bodies styles have not changed in decades. His "L" size is proprietary, but his dread, folk, and parlor dimensions are typical. Top quality solid wood construction, great guitar and a great value. Very consistent with Heritage in that regard. Would make a lot of sense that they hooked up. IF they did....

I believe they did, Heritage made necks & Larrivee made the bodies

I'd be interested in the internals of the Heritages: Larrivee has a quite elaborate number of options for internal bracing, which he developed on his own without copying any of the old American guys

I have a Larrivee jumbo & a D05 12 string, they are excellent guitars.....indeed I sold a nice Gibson J-200 and a Martin D18 because the Larrivee J09 was the better gtr

the best bang for the buck is a D03, the higher models have more bling but generally same construction

Yep, a used D03 or L03 make for a ridiculous value.

I've had an LV-03 for years, put fishman eclipse in it. This thing is a workhorse and and just a great all around guitar. A bit on the quiet side for cutting through, but what a fantastic voice. Like you, Bolero, I'd love to see some gut shots of the Heritage acoustics!

my 2003 LV-03

larri.jpg

nice clips, both!

Thanks man!

i used an Olympus LS-10 digital recorder

Well, I indeed broke out the 450 and a mic ...the funny thing is, I already get distracted enough when trying to play and record at the same time (my focus keeps getting drawn to the recording level meter, lol) ...but trying to play and record, all while watching the Tigers play is a whole 'nother challenge for my short attention span! (well, let's just say had I also been chewing bubble gum at the same time I likely would have shut down completely)

If you listen closely you probably pin point every time there was either a hit or a big out

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3272872/450%20blue%20eyes.mp3

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3272872/450%20pinball.mp3

Well done! :thumbsup:

Wow!!! I really like the sound of you guys' 445s!! Never heard them before - that's the kind of accoustic sound I like - big, crisp, and yet with bottom. do they still make them? Couldn't find it on the website.

That's why I jumped on the chance to own one. Not being made anymore makes the chances of owning one very hard. I doubt they made them left handed, but a good luthier should have no problem switching them from right to left. New bridge and new nut should be all it takes.

I doubt they made them left handed, but a good luthier should have no problem switching them from right to left. New bridge and new nut should be all it takes.

Actually, the top bracing on an decent acoustic is rarely symmetrical, they are built to respond differently on the bass side v the treble side.

Archived