Heritage Owners Club

Call It: NGD!

blueox

Blue~ Considering your excellent taste in music (Blues n RnB...and Surf!), I'd say you've designed the perfect gitfiddle for yourself!!

That is a soulful looking blues machine.

I notice that there appears to be a ton of signatures on the internal label of your H-5XX.

"Well, now you've crossed some line.

Does it have a name? H537 perhaps?

What type of amber is it, golden or burnt? . . . "

I specified "amber", and this is the result, which is just what I wanted. As time went on, I would see some Heritage "amber" color samples elsewhere that looked a little brown to me, so I was some concerned, but this turned out just right. Marv says they all come out a little different, which I appreciate.

"So, is it a 535 with a custom headstock, or is there more special stuff under the hood?"

That's it. I basically said I wanted an H-535 with an H-357 headstock, ebony dot fingerboard, Seymour Duncan APH-1 pickups, with amber translucent finish and a "chunky" D neck. Marv came up with the pickguard and knobs.

"Very cool! and I pulled the trini lopez reference completely out of me arse!!!"

Oh no! Let's call it "six-string inspiration"!

Thanks to everyone for their comments along with allowing me to have a little fun with this. I have been thinking about this guitar for a few years, but reached a dead end with one local dealer one time and then again with a person within Heritage at another time. When I was able to present it to Marv, he said it was doable, with the results shown here. And thanks too for all of you that continue to post the Heritage eye-candy that helped inspire me to make a move on an idea.

Unique! High on the cool quotient! Congrats, blueox. And how about Marv? How much amazing building has he been responsible for? Marv seems always to have his hand in the one-offs. The entire crew on Parsons Street...blueox's piece is just another testimonial to their art and artistry!

"Do the pics capture the true shade of amber? . . . "

This guitar's normal shade of amber in room lighting is between the lightest and the darkest areas as seen in the photos. As with many (most?) Heritage finishes, the finish has a different look depending upon the light intensity, which makes it all the more interesting in my view.

Once again, everyone's comments are appreciated. There's no doubt that Heritage has some of the greatest guitar fans out there.

" . . . Where is this store in Grand Haven?"

7 N. 7th. Street

Archived