Heritage Owners Club

Leon Rhodes Heritage?

brentrocks

I didnt know either....

I do know that he a very famous country guitarist and also had a Heritage signature tele. It is 1 of 4 ever produced.

Mahogany body and neck, rosewood board, Bill Lawrance blade style pickups....all factory original. Original Heritage case as well. Its a 1989 model.

IMG_0764.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg

IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0768.jpg

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0770.jpg

Gee BrentRocks... It looks like that guy who took the pictures has the same guitars and carpet as you! Hmmm...

Leon Rhodes played in Ernest Tubbs backup band when it was one of the hottest bands in country music --featured Rhodes on guitar and Buddy Emmons on steel.

Dibs on that one when you decide to sell it.

Too late. Already called it, several posts above you. Nice try, tho'. :-)

Too late. Already called it, several posts above you. Nice try, tho'. :-)

Hey, but I actually knew who Leon Rhodes was ... while I was looking for this vid to share, you jumped me. Just goes to show how teachers always get screwed.

Thanks guys...i will have a sound clip later today!

I kinda have to thank Golferwave....you see i went down to Heritage yesterday to get him a label for one of his H 150s, was talking to Ernie....he told me about the guy that had this guitar, he called him for me....and BINGO!!!!

So thanks for making me go down to Heritage Scott!!!! :icon_smile:

OH...and Bolero!!!!! i saw your 157!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!

Yes, that is interesting.

The "Tele Guy" in me says NO, NO, stoptail bridge, input on the top of the guitar, 3-to-a-side tuners, non-slanted bridge pickup?!

The "Heritage Guy" in me says DAYUM, look at that killer finish, especially around the stinger! And I'll bet it plays as great as any other Heritage that has spoiled me! (all of 'em.) Cool find, Brent!

WOW WOW WOW. I was gonna say that THAT one is for sure a keeper, but this is IS Brent after all so I'll just put it out there...Tulk, DIBS when YOU think about moving it.

That would be one that would go in the will the minute I brought it home.

Brent, nice catch. I love those pups and have a set on my one off '87 Dean Markley

post-2180-0-53596700-1326830813_thumb.jpg

post-2180-0-00808400-1326830839_thumb.jpg

Archived