Heritage Owners Club

Let's see your Heritage Guitars...

iim7v7im7

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sforsa I love that goldtop :headbang:

if you decide to put a pickguard on it, I think it would look better with the stock Heritage pickguard though :D

funny, I have grown to prefer them over the straight Gibson style...plus it's a brand identifier, I want it to be clear to anyone that I'm playing a *Heritage* & not trying to disguise it as a Gibson

thought I posted in this thread but I guess not....apologies as these are still the only decent pics, need a new camera :(

YIN:

yin.jpg

YANG:

yang.jpg

Zebras...... LOL

I have a TB-5 Duncan custom Bridge with a 59er in the neck. I adjusted the tonepros bridge for the Trembucker spacing and set it up with my hybrid 10/11 strings 10-52 and last but not least she has a slim neck(favorite).

When I got her home, I opened her up to find a wonderful sight.... Tagged 150 ULTRA!

maestro that is a beautiful top!! love the flame/grain crisscrosses

iim7 killer pair of guitars; does that sweet sixteen have a spruce top? like the bound f holes

Yes, my Sweet 16 has a carved spruce top.

i have yet to take any truly exceptional photos of my 535, but in the meantime.....

2002 H-535 ASB with "blackbacks" (Jazz and Custom Custom)

IMG_2960.jpg

IMG_2961.jpg

Bob...(iim7v7im7) I note that you have imperials in your 535. wonder what you were going for when you went that route? You seem pretty thoughtful/intentional in your decisions regarding this stuff with a MUCH broader frame of reference than I.

They've been on my short list for some time as a replacement for the p'ups in my guitar. I emailed Jason Lollar, and he recommends Low Wind Imperials, which he personally plays on his personal jobber guitar, a 335. I'm wondering what your criteria was for the choice, and if they met your expectations? As for the short list.....it's the standard PAF wish list, amended for budget (ThroBaks not an option, of course, SD just too "mainstream",etc) I've considered Seths and Antiquities, Fralin's, Sheptones...really it would be a roll of the dice.....hence my question.

Gorgeous guitars, all.

i have yet to take any truly exceptional photos of my 535, but in the meantime.....

2002 H-535 ASB with "blackbacks" (Jazz and Custom Custom)

Bob...(iim7v7im7) I note that you have imperials in your 535. wonder what you were going for when you went that route? You seem pretty thoughtful/intentional in your decisions regarding this stuff with a MUCH broader frame of reference than I.

They've been on my short list for some time as a replacement for the p'ups in my guitar. I emailed Jason Lollar, and he recommends Low Wind Imperials, which he personally plays on his personal jobber guitar, a 335. I'm wondering what your criteria was for the choice, and if they met your expectations? As for the short list.....it's the standard PAF wish list, amended for budget (ThroBaks not an option, of course, SD just too "mainstream",etc) I've considered Seths and Antiquities, Fralin's, Sheptones...really it would be a roll of the dice.....hence my question.

Gorgeous guitars, all.

At the time I was specing my guitar, I had already had a great experience with putting Lollar P-90s (which are outstanding) in my Valley Arts guitar. Jay Wolfe at the time liked both Seth Lovers and Lollar Imperials. I had also heard great things about Throbaks as well. Going with Lollar's low-winds was an easy decision based on my experience and my trust in Jay. I have been very pleased with them. I use the guitar mostly to play the blues and not for jazz. Others around here can likely help you more than I with comparisons. Jason winds some great pick-ups!

:-)

At the time I was specing my guitar, I had already had a great experience with putting Lollar P-90s (which are outstanding) in my Valley Arts guitar. Jay Wolfe at the time liked both Seth Lovers and Lollar Imperials. I had also heard great things about Throbaks as well. Going with Lollar's low-winds was an easy decision based on my experience and my trust in Jay. I have been very pleased with them. I use the guitar mostly to play the blues and not for jazz. Others around here can likely help you more than I with comparisons. Jason winds some great pick-ups!

:-)

So you have the Low Winds, not the standard, slightly hotter "Imperials"?

So you have the Low Winds, not the standard, slightly hotter "Imperials"?

No, I actually went for the regular winds for a thicker sound. I have both single coil and P-90 based guitars and wanted contrast in tonality.

• 2 months later...

Archived