Heritage Owners Club

NGD H535

MartyGrass

Out for delivery.

This is Smurph1's OSB with Seth Lovers.

Delivery of the guitar is a big deal to me. You see, I suffer from post traumatic stress disorder from guitars being traumatized during delivery.

Here are some highlights.

1. Heritage Eagle arrived decapitated.

2. Heritage Eagle Classic with the bridge dislodged and deep gouges on the top.

3. Heritage Millennium Eagle 2000 with gouges and a binding chip.

There are other surprises that have nothing to do with shipping but everything to do with dishonest sellers. That's not an issue today.

So when I open the case I perform my 6 point inspection.

1. Is there a guitar present?

2. Is it the right guitar?

3. Is the headstock attached?

4. Does it have pickups?

5. Are there animals in the f holes?

6. Are there explosives or biological weapons in the compartment?

If all is well, I take off my hazmat gear and relax a little.

It arrived intact.

This is a perfect H535. The neck is beefy but not huge. It's in excellent condition. And the coloring is drop dead gorgeous with fabulous grain.

It came with a couple of bonuses. It has a small humidifier in the case. There are straplocks. But most importantly, there's a genuine Fender strap. Woo Hoo!

Thanks, Scott.

It's good to hear that you've started a trend of excellent guitars making it to you safely. ... may this trend continue indefinitely .

There was no doubt that this was going to be a wonderful 535 at a great price. And so it is.

And... now you won't have to go strapless either .

Congrats Mark on a fine guitar. I was really jonesing for that one. It is a beauty

a it went to great guy that will treat it with care! ++++++++1

No Pics It didn't happen !! Just kidding Congrat's and great catch!!!!!

Great guitar Marty. Now you don't have to sing "Animals in my F holes, Pain in my heart, Caused by you, you ou ou ouuu!" (Sung to the iune of "Tears on my Pillow")

Guitars from Smurf are some of the best! I trust you'll enjoy yours too; Happy NHGD

I restrung the guitar with D'Addario Half Rounds 10-52s. This has become one of my favorite sets because of the good sustain, very reduced squeakiness, heavier bottom, and brightness.

The H535 really sounds wonderful. I'll probably take a little relief out of the neck and leave it exactly as it is.

It's a winner. Thanks, Scott.

And... now you won't have to go strapless either .

I dunno - strapless is kinda cool. There's always the possibility that something's going to slip down or fall out or...

Oh wait, we're talking guitars aren't we...

Congrats on the new guitar. That really is a fine one. Thanks for the reference to those half rounds, will need to try them one day.

I dunno - strapless is kinda cool. There's always the possibility that something's going to slip down or fall out or...

Oh wait, we're talking guitars aren't we...

Congrats on the new guitar. That really is a fine one. Thanks for the reference to those half rounds, will need to try them one day.

Alex Skolnick is the guy who pointed the way to these strings. He uses them for his H150 and his H575.

You are a very funny Guy. So what did the Girl mushroom say to the Guy mushroom, "You're a Fungi". I think your 6 point inspection is good advise for all, especially, the animals. Having a guitar present and accounted for is a bonus for me. I know you have many "cases" in dealing with damaged guitars. In this "case", the guitar is the bonus.

Good luck and congratulations on a great catch. I hope it turns out to be a great case for you.

As an afterthought, I used to own a music store in Sint Maartin, NA (Caribbean) in the 80's. I carried the main brands of Fender, Gibson, EV, Sunn, Roland, QSC, Peavey, Pearl, Zildjian, Shure, and a few other brands of electronics, keyboards, PA, drums etc. The newest brand was Steinberger. I had plenty of Island residents coming in and asking for a "neck-less bass" I had recently stocked. Another popular product was the "equalmetric paralizer" or parametric equalizer as I'm sure they meant to say. Fun times and fond memories.

As an afterthought, I used to own a music store in Sint Maartin, NA (Caribbean) in the 80's. I carried the main brands of Fender, Gibson, EV, Sunn, Roland, QSC, Peavey, Pearl, Zildjian, Shure, and a few other brands of electronics, keyboards, PA, drums etc. The newest brand was Steinberger. I had plenty of Island residents coming in and asking for a "neck-less bass" I had recently stocked. Another popular product was the "equalmetric paralizer" or parametric equalizer as I'm sure they meant to say. Fun times and fond memories.

That must of been a great time back then. To live down there would be awesome!

That must of been a great time back then. To live down there would be awesome!

Oh, these misunderstandings and whatnot are real common in music stores. Some of them were flat out hilarious. Epiphany (Epiphone) was a popular brand. Emguh (EMG) was all the pickup rage with metal guys. Apparently, Gibson had a line of models with Edgar Allen Poe on the back (their Gothic line). It just went on and on... We won\'t even get into Money played in 4/4.

Archived