Heritage Owners Club

The H-150 pickguard-elegance at it's best!

Guest HRB853370

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 'standard' 150 Heritage guard does nothing for me either.

I do like their bound wood pickguard upgrades on the 157's and some 155's however.

Now THAT to me is a very sexy look............but I am an admitted bling hootchie. :icon_king:

I agree that I don't care as much for the plastic pickguard, but that goes for both the 150 and the Gibson. To me they look kind of cheap.

The bound wood guards are a totally different matter! The lines of the 157 bound guard really matches the lines of the body better than the bound Gibby style on the LP Custom. Same for the headstock. The binding really makes it work! If that makes me a "bling hootchie", then so be it!

While I can agree with the sentiments above, I being more of a classic kind of guy, also enjoy the Classic Kalamazoo design of the classic Les Paul pickguard. I don't think it was wrong then or now though I prefer the Kalamazoo building quality and techniques. We all love Heritage guitars for our own reasons, I am happy to own a guitar that I believe is closer to the original Les Paul intent, quality and build than the modern Gibby clone. I know the name Les Paul belongs to Gibson and I don't care about that, it's more about the tone and feel. I believe that the original intent of Orvil Gibson still lives on today through our friends at Heritage.

+1, that is the best way to put it. I agree with all of it.

I can't help but admire the sexy, feminine, flowing contours of the H-150 pickguard. How can anybody argue the elegance of this work of art! Perhaps the batwing pickguard has a more classic look, but the Heritage pickguard is the perfect compliment to the perfect Les Paul styled guitar, handbuilt by the masters!

I couldn't agree more. "Classic looks" are nice at times, but give me a Gibson pickguard on a Gibson and a Heritage pickguard on a Heritage.

My H150 looks weird without a pickguard. I dont like the look. LP's and H150s dont look right to me with out them for some reason.

Its ok it only took two minutes to write this post. I can stay up two minutes later and get it back.

Guest HRB853370

Sorry, I never cared for the Heritage pickguard shape on the 150 or the 535 for that matter. Give me no pickguiard or the classic Kalamazoo (original Gibson) shape.

Bah humbug. No taste.

it was the maple pickguard that caught my eye in a wall of guitars. Unique, screams craftsmanship.

Having said that, I took it off and have been eyeballin' it recently, trying to decide if I might like it a bit more without it. It seems a bit too elegant for rock n roll.

535controls.jpg

IMG_2962.jpg

I tend to be a traditionalist when it comes to finishes. For example, even trans blues and trans blacks and trans red

, just don't look right to me for some reason. But then on other models of guitar, noooo problem.

This, however, is awesome. don't know why, but it works. Beautiful guitar, promax

heritage-hussel.jpg

it was the maple pickguard that caught my eye in a wall of guitars. Unique, screams craftsmanship.

Having said that, I took it off and have been eyeballin' it recently, trying to decide if I might like it a bit more without it. It seems a bit too elegant for rock n roll.

IMG_2962.jpg

Now that shape of a Heritage PG is nice, the 140/150 PG is the one I don't care for.

h150_vsb_v.jpg

Anyone else notice how the Schaller rings and both the Gibson style and Heritage cream pickguards are slightly different colors as seen on tbone's and DB's posts? I have noticed this on my 150 which has Schaller rings and a Gibbie style guard. When I get a chance and am very bored (it really doesen't bother me) I'll get new rings as one of the Schallers is cracked anyway and I have Bare Knuckles in it so I don't need the extra side holes and either contact Heritage for a wood guard or just get a new cream covered gibbie guard (more likely option) to match the new rings, both are cheap.

I also have the "crack" on the neck pickup ring. I got two new rings from Stew-mac that I am trying to remember to install before PSP.. they are an EXACT color match for the pickguard.

Of course, the binding is a slightly different color, and in fact the binding on the fretboard is slightly different in color than the body binding.

yeah... cream comes in so many different shades.

i love the Heritage designs....although i'm beginning to lean twards no PG, just in general.....the wood PGs from Heritage are the NUTS, IMO!!!

I can't bear the thought of scraping that pick across the nice wood top and scratching it up. I actually think about that when I"m playing the Mille. At least with a guard, it can be changed if it wears out. Or refinished.

I can't bear the thought of scraping that pick across the nice wood top and scratching it up. I actually think about that when I"m playing the Mille. At least with a guard, it can be changed if it wears out. Or refinished.

Usually not an issue for me because I use my pinky on the top to control my attack.

Archived