Heritage Owners Club

NUH576Week

tsp17

I've had my new 1994 Amber 576 for a few days now thanks to a very nice transaction with rjs1 (Bob). Great communication, quick shipping and very good guy. We had an unforeseen no fault hiccup in the deal, and Bob was a champ in helping resolve it. First rate.

First things first:

93e1b21d374825ab42d40d4d56c88814.jpg

Here she is with her soulmate:

6daa25f3514d14cc9dcafb983b962906.jpg

Tone: just like I had hoped on the neck pickup, very warm, woody (especially considering the center block and laminate), and clear. Was looking for something to fill the gap between my 575MH and Comins GCS and this one did the trick. more of a hollow body sound than the Comins which is a deeply chambered thin line 14.5 inch body, and a little less "acoustic" sounding than the 575MH which is fully hollow and solid spruce/mahogany. This 576 sits just between them, lending a full hollow character to a slightly more amplified orientation. Feedback resistance is good, not great. You still need to position yourself correctly in relation to the amp, but less feedback prone than a full hollow solid wood guitar.

It came strung with 11s, which i replaced with TI GB flatwound 12s. no adjustment necessary to accommodate the fatter strings, nice. A perfect match for the PRRI. Think mid 60's Bluenote. Kenny Burrell, Wes, etc. my favorites. Just what i was looking for. Surprisingly big sounding given it is 16" inches. Could pass for bigger.

The size and geometry are a joy to play. Sits wonderfully in your lap. 16" with a 24.75 scale, medium-thin neck is just perfect for me. Neck is not skinny, not fat, just right, and I'd say a shade less than medium D shape.

Appearance: just beautiful. The custom amber finish (my favorite Heritage finish other than blond) the original owner spec'd is a perfect compliment to the light flame over beautiful grain. Really shows off the wood. The rim has some areas where the flame turns to quilt. For a 19 year old guitar, it shows very little wear, other than the warm patina on the cream binding. A few minor surface scratches and nicks, but almost nothing given its age.

As you can tell, I am pretty happy with this guitar. I've been gigging with my Comins lately due to the nature of the gig, but that one will be relinquishing its spot to this beauty. I'll be happy to be gigging with a Heritage again, and it is great to have two Heritages back in the house. Since i sold my 150LW there's been something missing around here. I think i just found it.

I've edited your post to show the photos, that's a fine 576, I'm playing my own quite a bit lately.

Thanks! I am happy to be part of the 576 owners club. A superb instrument.

Man tsp, you have made some fine additions in the last few days. Gonna have to put up a vid or tone clip please?? Well done.

yeah, i got some serious GAS recently, but hopefully it is done (for now). I am very satisfied with what has been added to the stable. I am going to tweek the PRRI a bit (12" speaker and probably new tubes), but that is all for a while. will post some clips soon!

I've testified here on numerous occasions as to the versatility and tone of the 576. They are terrific instruments! The amber is beautiful, Tad! That and the Princeton...how's that not work...?! Congrats on major upgrades to your herd!

I love my H 576's, I have one with phat cats and one with humbuckers.

And I really like, and agree with, your comment about the 576 "lending a full hollow character to a slightly more amplified orientation"

I haven't noticed a 576 with a trapeze tailpiece. Man those are gorgeous guitars. Congratulations. All that much better to know it's earning its keep in front of an audience! :icon_thumleft:

This one was a custom order, amber finish was non-standard and the tailpiece is 550 style I believe.

I just ordered new jazz pickups for her.

This one was a custom order, amber finish was non-standard and the tailpiece is 550 style I believe.

I just ordered new jazz pickups for her.

Pickup brand being kept close to the vest, Mr. Tad? :-)

That really is the nicest 576 I've ever seen. She deserves the best!

Pickup brand being kept close to the vest, Mr. Tad? :-)

That really is the nicest 576 I've ever seen. She deserves the best!

Thanks. It is really sweet. Plays great. it wants to swing hard, and can ballad with the big boys too.

Pickups: Benedetto A6 Black. the Schallers sound very good, but i love the warmer, fatter of the Benedetto B6 in my 575MH. I think the A6 will suit this guitar a little better. All Benedetto pickups are on sale right now at DjangoBooks.com. Best price i've ever seen on these really fine jazz voiced pickups. Duncan makes them to Bob's specs.

Archived