Heritage Owners Club

What was I thinking? (exactly one year ago)

LK155

At PSP5, I sold Matt (Grubber) my TV Yellow H137.

This was a dumb thing to do. Really. But I was able to rectify (sorry) that error by buying it back this year.

H137's get no respect. They're not fancy, they have no bling, they're a flat slab, there's no binding, exotic inlays, or gold-plated anything.

But they're light, they're resonant, they're very easy to play (even way up high), and with those P90's, they sound GREAT.

I played this guitar for the first time in a year this morning.

Good grief! Exactly what the hell was I thinking a year ago?

What I remembered as a baseball bat-sized neck is now just a very comfortable 'hefty-C' shape.

What I remembered as a very dark, almost black, rosewood fretboard now appears as nicely grained and coloured. Maybe it has just dried out a bit.

It plays far better than I remember. It still sounds fantastic.

Thanks for the opportunity to right that egregious error, Matt.

680b5a02-e9f1-40a6-82a1-0b2a1027972e_zps

I had an '08 137 with the single dogear. I sold it back to the original seller about a year after acquiring it. Although I wound up making a few hundred bucks off the sale... I can't say enough about how much I miss that one. And I normally do not get attatched to any guitar. I'll find another someday.

Holy cow; eh? What were you taking that allowed you to sell off such a glorious piece, eh?

Blingless as they are, it takes a lot of effort to play one without growing a shit-eating grin!

Congrats!

• 3 weeks later...

'Slate, you should be in a good position to guess who VierSpeed is.........

Lyle, I knew immediately who it was.... The eye, the vision, sagacious perspective, a da Vinci-esque sense of sfumato...had to be Marg's kid....

Lyle, I knew immediately who it was.... The eye, the vision, sagacious perspective, a da Vinci-esque sense of sfumato...had to be Marg's kid....

Marg's kid indeed.

But if we're being really picky, isn't a "da Vinci-esque sense of sfumato" leaning just a hair towards duplicative redundancy?

Besides, I thought there was a hint of chiaroscuro focused on the blue vise at top right in the shot.

It's my only one.

But if we're being really picky, isn't a "da Vinci-esque sense of sfumato" leaning just a hair towards duplicative redundancy?

Besides, I thought there was a hint of chiaroscuro focused on the blue vise at top right in the shot.

It's my only one.

I referred, specifically, to da Vinci, as to distinguish Chris's work from that of, say, Correggio, a distinction I knew you would appreciate, being distinct, yourself. And I prefer that my vises remain in the dark....

Archived