Heritage Owners Club

New camera, new H150 pix

LK155

First foray into RAW images, manipulating them, making the files smaller (much smaller) than the originals. I have a great deal to learn. One thing I learned right away is that you should always clean your fretboard before photographing your guitar. Oh well.

Things were very blue today......

DSC_0071_001_002_zps23ed242c.jpg

DSC_0073_004_zps775ca5f8.jpg

DSC_0070_005_zps3fbb28fa.jpg

They are nice shots, and, I think the variation in the color of the fingerboard just adds to the levels of connection with the background surfaces. A new level to the debate over fingerboard cleaning ... aesthetic continuity.

I have always shot RAW. It is so easy to edit the images for exposure in RAW. Of course we try not to over or under expose but it happens. If you have ever shot Basketball you need it in those unlit gyms.

What camera did you get?

What camera did you get?

Not sure I want to tell. I know some folks are extremely passionate about their brand of camera, so I'd rather not stir anything up.

Let's just say it's a 5-letter brand name, and the model consists of some letters and numbers. That should narrow it down.

For starters, I just bought a 'walking-around' 18-140mm zoom lens, and find it pretty accommodating in terms of framing the shot I want.

Other, faster lenses can come later.

Found this guy sleeping in a tree nearby, so I shot him. (He was a long way up, and no, I couldn't see his head...you're looking at his south end.)

DSC_0085_006_zps55b104cb.jpg

Not quite a seascape...more like a bayscape.

Those shots were taken at the Craigleith Provincial Park on Georgian Bay, just west of Collingwood, Ontario. (Fire up Google Maps and find it! Google Images has some nice pictures as well.) The shoreline and well out into the water is all shale. Strange, though, because just a few miles to the east along the bay is Wasaga Beach, which is all sand.

Archived