Heritage Owners Club

How many vintage Fender amp users?

Royst

I've been a Fender man all my life except for a small period using a classic Peavey and Victoria 35310. I currently have 71 Princeton Reverb and a 75 Vibro Champ. For years I had a 70 twin. I just can't find the sound with another amp.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big time vintage Fender amp user here!!! I have and use: '67 Deluxe Reverb, '67 Vibrolux Reverb, '63 Deluxe, '62 Vibrolux

I'm a big Fender woman, literally and figure-atively. It's not vintage, but I love Fender amps and currently have a Blues Jr (about 7 yrs old).

I'd like to get a Princeton clone at some point, but for now, the FBJr is good enough.

Silverface Vibrolux Reverb (blackfaced) here. Formerly Yoslate's.

Mint condition, sweet sounds.

VibroluxMar312011001.jpg

VibroluxMar312011007.jpg

Silverface Vibrolux Reverb (blackfaced) here. Formerly Yoslate's.

Mint condition, sweet sounds.

VibroluxMar312011001.jpg

VibroluxMar312011007.jpg

Wow it looks brand new. I would love to find one at a good price.

I've had a '53 Tweed Champ, '65 Princeton Reverb, '66 Vibrolux Reverb, '65 Bassman, '66 Bassman, '76 Vibrolux Reverb (Lyle's, now, pictured above). Nearly snagged a '62 Concert a couple of months ago, but was doing a guitar build. Argh! That was a fabulous amp!

I have had a silverface Champ and a silverface Bassman head, but they are both gone. I should have kept the Bassman, which I got for $3 at a garage sale, because it didn't work because it didn't have a fuse in it! I traded it for a fully functional Peavey Classic 30. Right move? Meh.. I love the Fender sound, vintage or otherwise, and a Fender amp or clone is almost always my go-to sound, clean or dirty. I currently have a 5E3 clone, a DRRI, a heavily BillM-modded Blues Junior, and a few others that emulate Fenders. I'd love a vintage Princeton Reverb, Deluxe Reverb, or Super Reverb.... Or all three.....

Currently I have no "vintage" Fenders (except my Telecaster) but I do have (and use daily) an SS-100 that I really like more then any amp I've ever owned, and that's a lot in the last 45+ years.

1600-SSHDBlk_detail1_zps79e5a48c.jpg

Well, since everyone is posting pics.....

The '67 Vibrolux Reverb & '67 Deluxe Reverb....

WebSisters2_zps62b59a76.jpg

The '62 Vibrolux....

D908ED80-DEFC-43EF-A724-58F800F963DB-237

The '63 Deluxe....

2bf7fde3-8b20-4bb2-94fc-cc3294df2879_zps

Kuz- what type of speaker is in the deluxe....reminds me of a JBL cone but I'm assuming that's not the case.

Cosmetically, I love the tease of that silver dome through the cloth.

This thread is not what I needed right now.

Archived