Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Habitat

Rod

post-15804-0-88198000-1450238834_thumb.jpg

My modest Heritage collection displayed. Couldn't get a pic where they were all visible.

From closest to furthest:

Millennium Pro w/ Seth Lovers

H-150 Ultra (Amber) w/HRW's

Roy Clark

H-157 Black Beauty w/ Pearly Gates

H-150 Gold Top w/Antiquities

I'm rather new to the party, having only been in the fold for about 3 years. I've pretty much covered the bases I need to cover, but I'd still like to add a H-150 Deluxe. Guess I'd have to get rid of one, though, since I've only got 5 slots in the habitat.

Y'all are a bad influence.

I don't know if he has a problem or not, Lance, but I get a strong feeling that he is a Dot-Hater!! Traps and Blocks are beautiful, Rod, but their plain sister likes to dance, too..... :laughing7:

Only someone on a guitar forum would notice. I know that flashy guitars are no substitute for talent, but the talent ship has sailed. You have made me realize that I in fact do not have all my bases covered. I've completely ignored the dot family. Good catch! Going to need a bigger cabinet!

Rod~ Welcome to the HOC. You entered with a bang, for sure, (even though you have over 40 posts).

The Millie Pro is the most GAS-inducing guitar in my book. Heritage knocked that model out of the park. All of your other Heritage gits are stunning.

Beautiful. Outstanding representation of all the Heritage family. I'd love to have a cabinet like that so I could see the guitars all the time. The mirror is a great idea. So how did you attach the hangers?

Rod~ Welcome to the HOC. You entered with a bang, for sure, (even though you have over 40 posts).

I know. 40 posts in is pretty late for an introductory pic post. I read the forum every day, and certainly learn more than I could ever contribute. I completely buy in to the Heritage "thing" (that covers a lot of ground). That ill-defined "thing" extends beyond making guitars. I don't know those guys, but to me they represent well a culture, and ideal, a way of life, a way of thinking, etc. that is hard to find. Although probably not uniquely American, it's an American "thing" to me. It's not about a collection of antique woodworking equipment and slabs of wood, although that certainly adds to the mojo. There are just a lot of things that happen to be embodied in the form of a guitar. For probably all of us who frequent this forum a guitar is more than an assemblage of parts. Hard to explain to anyone not similarly afflicted, but probably requires no explanation here.

So how did you attach the hangers?

Those hangers have a flange that attaches to the top of the cabinet with a couple of wood screws. I have other guitar cabinets where I used The Closet Hanger through an eye bolt (through the top). The hangers pictured are a bit less utilitarian. I'll look up where I got them, it you're interested.

Rod, that is a beautiful collection and a great cabinet. I'm embarrassed by my under the beds and behind the couch storage system. A habitat befitting those fine instruments indeed. If you ever do get a wild hair and would like more, my methods are an option.

I know. 40 posts in is pretty late for an introductory pic post. I read the forum every day, and certainly learn more than I could ever contribute. I completely buy in to the Heritage "thing" (that covers a lot of ground). That ill-defined "thing" extends beyond making guitars. I don't know those guys, but to me they represent well a culture, and ideal, a way of life, a way of thinking, etc. that is hard to find. Although probably not uniquely American, it's an American "thing" to me. It's not about a collection of antique woodworking equipment and slabs of wood, although that certainly adds to the mojo. There are just a lot of things that happen to be embodied in the form of a guitar. For probably all of us who frequent this forum a guitar is more than an assemblage of parts. Hard to explain to anyone not similarly afflicted, but probably requires no explanation here.

Well said..kind of a mojo thing if you will. Between the low numbers, the story, the guys running the show and building the guitars, that old factory, etc etc. There is something special going on. I find it refreshing in this day and age.

Nice... love the cabinet. Displayed as a work of art to be admired.

Reminds me of when I bought my LP Custom in '78.... a natural finish , 3 pickup , LP Custom in a well lit glass case. It looked incredible and I had to have it.

Like your starter collection and the display cabinet makes them look like museum pieces. Since I'm a glass half empty kind of guy... what do you do with all the cases? Kind of cuts available gear space in half.

My My... Well Said!

post-15804-0-88198000-1450238834.jpg

EXCALIBUR!! You have our awe and respect, Rod! I couldn't agree more with your sentiment about the company and the people.

Compliments from the heavy hitters! I'm not worthy, but, thanks!

OK, can you tell my maturity level?! No, I am not a 15 year old boy, I just act like one.....

Archived