Heritage Owners Club

Who is your favorite Heritage artist?

Gitfiddler

My favorite Heritage ENDORSED artist....

Definately Mr. Lewis

Vince is a great guy, no doubt. Active here and VERY helpful.

My close second is:

My favorite is local to me and one fine Gentleman!

I attended the Kerrytown concert. Great night! It is the second video.

John E. Lawrence

https://youtu.be/sg7nuMiW7Is

https://youtu.be/IPS-vW3zxJU

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Vince Lewis, great player and an even better man...

But Henry Johnson has always done it for me (tone, style, phrasing) and his albums are amazing!!!!!

But Vince's Christmas CD is my favorite Christmas album of all time.

Wow! Sorry if I offended anyone! There is a website called www.gearslutz.com. for professional and amateur audio/recording folks. Being a gearslut is not pejorative at all. It means a person who likes to acquire gear. I meant no harm at all!

I now have a bunch of Heritage guitars and that makes me a.....oh, never mind.

Sorry Vince....I meant no harm.

Henry Johnson, of course! I am in the UK but went out to Bahrain in 2013 as a guest for the Eric Clapton and Ramsey Lewis/Philip Bailey sessions....lucky me!!!

I met Henry after the show to chat about his guitar and he was very accommodating and generous with his time. I had a Heritage 535 which I purchased in London in 1989 and which is still going strong with a friend of mine. Time for another one !!

The Heritage guys claim Henry is their 1'st endorser. He's a strong supporter of the brand & highly skilled player. I introduced Vince to Heritage & he's also strong on the brand.

Yes, Heritage has many fine artists in their stable. If it were limited to Endorsed Artists , there are some fantastic players past and present.

I'd certainly consider Vince Lewis at the top of the list.. he's one of us here at the HOC. A fine and generous person that also has a mastery of the instrument, He impressed all at PSP.

But when you see the videos for David Beckley, Mimi Fox, Henry Johnson, Alex Skolnick, etc... there are a lot of impressive musicians that love these Parsons Street instruments and have been endorsed artists.

There are more being added lately for sure.

And, let's not forget Gary Moore ....

The Vince Lewis Heritage story- A local prodigy Charles Carey was a senior in high school & studying Guitar with Vince. Charles' parents ordered him a custom Super Eagle with me for graduation. Charles called to "cancel" the order because his teacher Vince said "don't do it- if it's not an L5 you're going to be sorry." Vince had not heard of Heritage as yet (this was almost 3 decades ago). I asked Charles to give me his tel. number & gave him a call. I explained the Heritage story and invited him to visit & see for himself. Vince, being a super nice & fair guy, did just that. After examining & playing some, and realizing who was making them- he placed an order for a custom Sweet 16 on the spot, and rang Charles to cancel the cancellation. Charles and Vince have since both acquired many Heritages. Vince has been a good friend since and graciously conducted a couple of epic clinics for me, along with his mentor Bobby Whitlock. Within a year Vince told me he would consider selling his L5 that he'd had for many years because he only played the 16 Heritage.

Vince is a PHd prof at Liberty and refers students to us for Breedlove and Heritage. I have been priviledged to hear Vince perform with good rhythm sections and he's among the best I've heard.

OK, I know that I've already mentioned the mighty Alex Skolnick.

However, I'm seeing and reading about a lot of actual HOC members. That is a super cool thing!! So in that vein, I'll throw this guy out there:

http://www.davidvanschoyck.com/

Second! David is a very, very fine player, Primo Cat, and one of those contributors to The HOC who always takes the high road! And I was glad to see the "corrections" to the casual, and I'm sure unintentional reference to Vince. He is, as several have allowed, a very accomplished musician and music educator, and a gentleman of the first order.

Title says it all. There are many Heritage artists, but most do not get a ton of mainstream attention. Let's see who YOUR favorites are.

Post Videos or Photos or Names.

My favorite is Henry Johnson. Check out this live version of "Caravan" he swings on his Heritage Henry Johnson Signature archtop.

Henry and also Kenny Burrell. Those guys are giants.

Yes, Heritage has many fine artists in their stable. If it were limited to Endorsed Artists , there are some fantastic players past and present.

I'd certainly consider Vince Lewis at the top of the list.. he's one of us here at the HOC. A fine and generous person that also has a mastery of the instrument, He impressed all at PSP.

But when you see the videos for David Beckley, Mimi Fox, Henry Johnson, Alex Skolnick, etc... there are a lot of impressive musicians that love these Parsons Street instruments and have been endorsed artists.

There are more being added lately for sure.

And, let's not forget Gary Moore ....

Mr. Gary Moore Does it for me. 'I STILL GOT THE BLUES FOR YOU'. an all time favorite

Without a doubt, it would be this fellow.

DA_Artist_Vince-Lewis_EA0617030205_g4luw

He is a great guy too for sharing all those arrangements a while back. Vince is the man. He takes care of his stuff too, only guy I ever saw that had a cover for his guitar case.

WOW! What an amazing player...and long time Heritage artist!

As great a player that he is, even greater person. Class act!

What guitar is he playing?

Tricked up H-555. He has had several made lately.

Old news. He switched to ESP because he wants to keep his Heritage guitars nice and the factory couldn't crank out enough in a timely manner to support his world touring efforts with the three or four musical groups he is a member of.

Title says it all. There are many Heritage artists, but most do not get a ton of mainstream attention. Let's see who YOUR favorites are.

Guit, I will take you and Rob Slater over any other guitar players no matter their status or affiliation. You guys are the elder statesmen of Heritage Guitars. And I do mean "elder."

Guit, I will take you and Rob Slater over any other guitar players no matter their status or affiliation. You guys are the elder statesmen of Heritage Guitars. And I do mean "elder."

Can't speak for Tim, but I resemble that remark....

I can't speak for Rob, but I think we just been called old farts...by Sir Fartsalot hisself. Now get off my lawn!!

Archived