Heritage Owners Club

Anyone interested in a "Heritage Fans" gathering in SE Michigan?

So I see that yet another PSP has been cancelled.

It got me wondering if there'd be enough Heritage fans here in SE Michigan to warrant hosting a similar non Heritage/HOC sanctioned get together?

It'd be fun to get to something together that mainly focuses on just hanging out, bbq-ing and jamming.

I live near a potentially solid location called 'Waterford Bend Park" it's a nice park within Wayne County's expansive Hines Park System, the park it's self is located in Northville (Michigan) at 6 mile and Northville Rd.

I frequent this park often and have often thought it'd be an ideal spot for a "musical BBQ".....it's a great location because the pavilion has electricity, its pretty darn big (fits 50-75 people) and isn't located near any residential dwellings.

I personally think this event would be great as a simple "Jam and Hang" type of picnic/bbq amongst Heritage fans as opposed to an actual "Heritage Event", meaning there would be no free buffets, T-shirts, tours or give aways.......there would simply be a bunch of folks meeting up to jam and hang out.

If enough people are interested, I would be happy to look into reserving the pavilion. I'd also be willing to supply a drum kit and PA for vocals.

I'm thinking Saturday, August 7th

So whaddya guys and gals think?

All the best,

GGAS

Polo

MattJayWorker

and a handful of others that I've simply forgotten.

?

span widget

I'm IN!!!

It's always good to hear from you MattyJWorker.  In this particular case, your words are a wonderful thing!

Let me in on how I can assist.

Big maybe from north of the border.....IF we've had our second shots (first ones happened in April), and IF the Canada/US border is open to non-essential traffic, and IF I can get the time off work (wait a minute, I'm retired......forget that last one).  We've seen the plant tour umpteen times already, so that's no big loss.  And anything like this that's only two hours from home makes it an attractive one-day jaunt.  If I promised not to play, maybe other members would show up.   

I think this is a great idea.  Several years Bill and Lance would stop here in Huntsville, AL on their way back to Florida from PSP.  Lefty Alicia and Jim stopped by last September.   I even had some hick from Indiana stop by with his family to visit the Space & Rocket center.

This place isn't about guitars.  It is about friendship.  The guitars just give us an excuse. 

I looked at the park.  I think it looks nice.  Get a reservation as soon as you can.  Do it!

dscf7831_std.jpg

alicia.jpg

dscf1889_std.jpg

Well folks, 

I heard back from Wayne County Parks and Rec today and learned that the pavilion I had in mind at the Waterford Bend is already booked for every weekend from now until the end of summer.....as is every other one of the pavilions in the Hines Park System.

I also reached out to a few other venues in the area which included a few banquet halls and the Northville Winery but was unable to find any availabilities.

Im officially handing this one off to anyone else who wants to try and get something going.

I hope you all are doing well.

All the best,

Matt Jay Worker

1 hour ago, Yooper said:

If we can find a suitable location, maybe we should consider renting a large tent, and a generator if needed. 

I've got a rather large tent, tables, chairs, etc.  At least enough to cover about 20-25 people anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

I might attend. It's only a short eight hour drive.

Archived