Heritage Owners Club

I know I sound like a broken record…but

brentrocks

I picked up one of the new Heritage Custom Core H150 GOLD-TOPS from Sweetwater this weekend!!!

They were running an incredible offer where you get a FREE MONO VERTIGO GIG BAG ($350) with the purchase of most new Heritage Guitars!!! 

I know, I already have 3 Custom Cores.  Why get another one?   Because they are incredibly awesome guitars!!!

The gold they used is a deep vintage tint of gold…looks absolutely beautiful!   

I like the GT CCs especially because they have a natural body finish that really shows the grain of the mahogany.   This one has a beautiful one piece body.  

The neck is a beefy 50s carve.  It weighs in at 8 lbs, 10ozs.  The fretboard is very dark and reminiscent of Brazilian (I know it’s not, but…).  

The only things I’ve done so far, I put a Gibson style pickguard and poker chip on it.  And replaced the gold bell knobs with gold speed knobs.   

The stock Heritage 225 Parsons street pickups sound pretty good in this one.   I might keep ‘em?   They are a bit on the bright side.  I’ve pulled them from my other 3 CCs because I thought they were overly bright.    

Heritage PLEKs all their guitars now, so it sets up magnificently.    Plays as good as any other Custom Core I’ve played.   They are very consistent!!!  Great fit n finish.  

IMG_0169.thumb.jpeg.37c3c433bea9d2ac00997607d81ddf97.jpeg

IMG_0172.thumb.jpeg.e85a37d35f48a00249195d3f035c78b9.jpeg

IMG_0173.thumb.jpeg.a31fe1b9c0346df619eeaefb3fc8ad91.jpeg

IMG_0174.thumb.jpeg.f879c3198a009abf02728f996e6ba692.jpeg

IMG_0175.thumb.jpeg.1333990ad4977aecd724a6eee673357c.jpeg

The color of the the neck and body work exceptionally well the gold top. In general, it seems the stain on the neck and body is often very light on gold tops and it clashes a little too much for my liking but yours looks very nice. Congrats.

My Name is Brent and I'm an addict...

This year's PSP theme should be guitar owner's anonymous interventions.  It's obviously necessary.

Beauty of a collection BR!  Who made your JTM45?

CC Revival :) 

4 hours ago, Steiner said:

My Name is Brent and I'm an addict...

This year's PSP theme should be guitar owner's anonymous interventions.  It's obviously necessary.

Beauty of a collection BR!  Who made your JTM45?

CC Revival :) 

I AM AN ADDICT!!!

lol

Thanks Greg!!!

That is a 100 watt super lead clone.  Built by iron horse amps in AZ.   It’s a beast!!!

3 hours ago, Gitfiddler said:

Beautiful CC collection you're building!  And I too love the new deep vintage gold finish.  Enjoy!

Thanks Tim!!!

The gold they are spraying is so deep and beautiful.   

1 hour ago, brentrocks said:

I AM AN ADDICT!!!

lol

Thanks Greg!!!

That is a 100 watt super lead clone.  Built by iron horse amps in AZ.   It’s a beast!!!

Ah! Another Plexi fan.  It's a good life

Brent that looks awesome, and it’s the first Heritage goldtop that has the kind of gold that I like, the 50’s gibson look. And the back grain looks just as good as the gold. I would’ve liked to seen it with the Heritage pickguard as I really think that’s the best thing Heritage does on the H150 it just follows the body line so nice. But the Gibson pickguard  looks really good too. Congrats on an awesome score and by the way, 8 lbs. 10 oz. is what I consider to be in the ultimate good weight range for a Les Paul. Light enough to be resonant, heavy enough to sustain. Most of my favorite Les Pauls are in the high eight lb range.

6 hours ago, Gtwibs said:

Hey Brent, I've been browsing double cream sets for awhile and was wondering which ones you have in the one on the far right? Thanks!

Those are late 70s DiMarzios.  
Super distortion in the bridge and a PAF in the neck.  

Archived