Heritage Owners Club

Finally...decent pix of my 535

LK155

I have posted numerous pictures of my 1996 H535, all taken with my little point&shoot Lumix. Considering the operator's qualifications, I think maybe the camera brand should be Lummox, not Lumix. Anyway......

Over the Christmas break, son Chris was here for a few days, and spent some time with his Nikon and my 535.

He's a semi-pro photographer, and the results show it.............

I've already made the third one my desktop background.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

And by the way, how do you like the pickguard on this H535? It doesn't seem to be a regular Heritage piece. I've looked through the gallery, zeroing in on 1996 535's (Schundog has one), and this one seems unique. Smaller, and a bit different shape. Suits the guitar, though, and I'm not going to change it.

Cheers,

Lyle

Great looking shots of your 535 !!!

My favorite is the first one, but all are quite nice.

It's like getting a great pic of your kids really, you beam with pride seeing them.

And yeah, the pickguard is a bit different, but fits the guitar perfect.

I wonder if it was originally an Jay Wolfe guitar. A lot of the ones he sells have the more "gibby" style pickguard. I see the grain in the third picture, so its obviously wood as most 535s are. It certainly looks to match the guitar well.

Interesting.

BTW, your son has a great eye for lighting. Very nice!

Fantastic shots, Lyle! I agree that the pickguard is shaped more like a Gibson, but with the added class of being actual wood. I hope your son took some shots of your other guitars, too, for you to share with us!

02.jpg

That is a great shot. For whatever reason this color is hard to photograph and catch that flame.

These guitars always look better in person. Nice custom guitar.

awesome pics!!

that PG looks similar to the millenium ones, I agree it could be a Wolfe customization

I like it...in fact I got sick of stabbing myself on the pointed end of standard 535 guards when using the toggle switch, so I prefer the rounded bottom functionality

even though I prefer the look of the 2 horns on the Heritage guards, heh

Lyle,

Very nice pics of of your red beauty! That second pick brings out he grain very nicely. And if you hadn't pointed out the pickguard, I wouldn't even have noticed it - it blends in beautifully. Enjoy!

Great-looking guitar. Great-looking photos.

Very warm-toned photos of a great 535. The lighting is subtle, yet still shows some of the curl through the trans-red. Kudos to your son's ability.

Your pickguard looks similar to those on H550's. I like it on your 535 a lot. Play it in good health.

Follow-up:

When I asked Chris (the photographer) if he had any more presentable shots, he sent me these two.

The first one is just the way it was originally taken, the second one is after a good bit of tweaking.

His comments: "You should like this one; it's one of the best that show the flame and body colour. It took about 1.5hrs to edit from the original. Comparing the two should give you a good idea of what's involved in making an 'advertising worthy' shot from something not done in-studio and under unfavourable lighting conditions."

Here's the original...........

05_Original.jpg

And the end result.............

05_tag.jpg

This may fall under the category of Education$ ROI.

Follow-up:

When I asked Chris (the photographer) if he had any more presentable shots, he sent me these two.

The first one is just the way it was originally taken, the second one is after a good bit of tweaking.

That is a great example of what can be done with a pic, and the result is awesome !!

Thanks for posting this..

Great looking guitar and very nice pics. Looks like that education is finally paying off. Maybe I should change my Daughter's major in college. Otherwise, I may have to hire a professional photographer (ouch).

Archived