Heritage Owners Club

NGD: Joined the 525 Club

ingeneri

I do! It's called Beautiful...

Congrats; the P-90s do that body style proud.

Hey, congratulations! Welcome to the club, they certainly ARE great guitars. I won't even pretend to be able to do mine the justice yours will recieve, however! Can't help you out on the finish, but it's got more "wine" in it than mine.

Well done, Matt! That is a great looking 525 you scored. As stated, it looks like Chestnut Sunburst finish.

Those guitars are old school all the way. Are you using flats or round wounds?

Tim

Let me make a prediction: FW 13-56s Thomastik-Infield imported from Wisconsin.

Just a hunch.

That's an interesting move, Matt. What brought that on? Well, other than GAS and that being a stunning guitar! Looking forward to hearing your comparisons to the big jazz boxes. We know they aren't the same, but more as to how it fits in with them, your mate's thoughts on it's place, things like that. Oh, and congrats. My first thought was Chestnut, as well.

Very cool. I love the vibe with the dot fingerboard and like the tailpiece better than the "H" tailpiece on my 575. What kind of P90s are they? Would love to hear you play with that bass player.

Very cool. I love the vibe with the dot fingerboard and like the tailpiece better than the "H" tailpiece on my 575. What kind of P90s are they? Would love to hear you play with that bass player.

Probably Lollar P90s. I believe that's been their P90 of choice for stock.

Chestnut burst.... I like it!

Mark's right, I use Thomastik Swing flat .13s on all my guitars.

I went the 525 route because I wanted a laminate that was thin enough to travel with. I had a Benedetto Bambino Deluxe that fit the bill, but, while an amazing guitar, I never bonded with it. The Benedetto's neck just never felt right. The Heritage neck in contrast fits like an old pair of slippers. This guitar also replaces the 575 I sold Mark, as I pretty much use the Super Eagle whenever the weather is carved top freindly.

Not having feedback problems with the 525, but I generally don't have trouble with my Super Eagle, 575, or NYL2 either. Not ready for a real tone report as I haven't gotten it set up yet and am still experimenting with the polepieces. But, overall, the tone is definitely a bit brighter and crisper than the 575. It's more Grant Green than the classic 50's 175 sound, but really good for cutting through the mix when there's a piano.

525's are definitely in the Grant Green tone school. They also sound like early Benson (think CTI's "Bad Benson" with Phil Upchurch).

The cool thing about them is that the tone changes dramatically as you pick near the bridge or up on the neck. I find them to be very dynamic sounding instruments.

Gorgeous, just Gorgeous!!!!

AND you got the right one with the base-plate bridge. IMHO, that is the way to go verse the tune-amatic straight into the top.

• 3 months later...

I am a new member who just got a preowned H525 from my friend. Mine is labeled H525 ACB THIN. Jay Wolfe said it was the first 3 made before they named it H525. It sounds great. You can watch it here.http://www.nimitguitar.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=5354

Archived