Heritage Owners Club

New Heritage Day...Vintage Style!

brentrocks

I recently picked up a used Alex Skolnick H 150 off The Gear Page. Well it arrived today and boy am i glad i made the move on it!!!

As i opened the case i was blown away bye the monster VSB flame top!!! I was amazed by the lack of "boat anchor-ness" that is usually associated with the Skolnick H 150...lol. Wonderful streaky rosewood board, curly MOP traps, one piece back done up in a lustrious vintage cherry!

Heritage quality shows through and through in this piece...what a work of art!!!

But there is another reason this day is special...i also recieved a set of Throwbak SLE-101 LTDs!!! This is where the fun begins...com on, you'll see....

This was the guitar when it left the previous owner...

000_0001_1.jpg

I took out the stock JB/59 set...

IMG_8099.jpg

LONG TENON>>>YEAH BABY!!!

IMG_8101.jpg

Bust out the Throbaks!!!

IMG_8103.jpg

Wire it up and there you go....

IMG_8106.jpgIMG_8107.jpgIMG_8108.jpgIMG_8112.jpgIMG_8114.jpg

OH YESSS...i didnt forget the sound clip...my playing sucks, but the tone speaks for itself!!!

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_9033837

Obviously a very sweet Heritage.... Beautiful to look at... and sounds great with the Throbaks.

I liked the tones you got out of it in the clip. Articulate but with a nice woody chunkiness. ( or something like that..)

Nice score there. I'm surprised that it's not heavy.. . Interesting that not all AS models are heavy, without LW option.

Happy New Guitar Day..... happy-doggie.gif

You did it again Brent. That top is just fantastic. Nice playing, the tone is sweet.

You have me thinking about those Throbacks!

IMG_8107.jpg

Brent~ I think I heard that Mr. Skolnick is looking for you. He'd like to check out those Throbaks!

And by the way, I hate you.

OK, not really!

Another great axe in the grass.

Play it in good health, my friend.:occasion14:

A new guitar? I thought you already HAD a guitar!

That one is marvelous! Congrats.

wow, nice!!

big fan of throbaks myself as well

I don't think that is a tenon though, in the pic; it's just where they routed the body for the neck pup

a tenon is part of the neck/heel that protrudes into the cavity; yours looks like the standard Heritage neck joint?

in any case, it is a stellar guitar!! congrats!

Congrats on a real beauty! Maybe you can use ownership of this Sig Model to lure THE Alex Skolnick into your lair, I mean, Barn! How cool would it be to see Alex and Vince playing some jazz together?! (Vince is planning to come this year, isn't he? I hope he's still doing well post cancer treatment.)

Oh man....nice score! I'm glad to see that someone here snagged it, for I was seriously considering the notion of biting on that one when I saw it at TGP. I'm curious, though, did you play it much with the SDs before swapping them out for the Throbaks? I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts as to what the differences between the two might be? I had 59s in the 110 and a 59/JB combo in my 150 before swapping them out for the Throbaks, and they're undoubtedly going to hang in there for the long haul.

Here's the thing, Brent. Skolnick is a terrible guitarist and that is an ugly guitar. You've been had. One man's junk is another man's treasure... so, I will see that no one else is ever ripped off by it again. You cover shipping to me though. It's your mistake and I am doing you a HELL of a favor.

Oh man....nice score! I'm glad to see that someone here snagged it, for I was seriously considering the notion of biting on that one when I saw it at TGP. I'm curious, though, did you play it much with the SDs before swapping them out for the Throbaks? I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts as to what the differences between the two might be? I had 59s in the 110 and a 59/JB combo in my 150 before swapping them out for the Throbaks, and they're undoubtedly going to hang in there for the long haul.

Thanks Jim!

I didnt play the SDs...my only experience with Throbaks, personally was at GC, they had a used H 150 loaded with them....it sounded so good, i knew thats what i wanted in this guitar, no hesitation in pulling out the SDs.

Archived