Heritage Owners Club

Custom Amp Covers

Gitfiddler

Seems there has been a lot of recent discussions about amp scores here lately.

I love me some amps too, but most do not come with decent covers.

I came across this vendor after looking for a cover for my new-to-me Heritage Patriot amp.

The made me a cover that fits the amp PERFECTLY and in the same cool purple color of the amp's tolex.

Sorry, no pics as I am on the road.

But these guys are the real deal for making quality amp covers at a fair price.

http://store.amplifiercovers.com/ampcovers.html

Guest HRB853370

Seems there has been a lot of recent discussions about amp scores here lately.

I love me some amps too, but most do not come with decent covers.

I came across this vendor after looking for a cover for my new-to-me Heritage Patriot amp.

The made me a cover that fits the amp PERFECTLY and in the same cool purple color of the amp's tolex.

Sorry, no pics as I am on the road.

But these guys are the real deal for making quality amp covers at a fair price.

http://store.amplifi.../ampcovers.html

Tim, I posted a thread about this company a few months back when I found them on ebay. I bought a cover custom made for my Gibson GA42 combo amp. It is far better than anything I have seen, including the (Tuki) brand that is so popular and pricey. And best of all, they are located in Michigan!!! Small shop, nice people to deal with too.

Tim, I posted a thread about this company a few months back when I found them on ebay. I bought a cover custom made for my Gibson GA42 combo amp. It is far better than anything I have seen, including the (Tuki) brand that is so popular and pricey. And best of all, they are located in Michigan!!! Small shop, nice people to deal with too.

Nice amp! LOUD!

I remember when they started rolling out the GA40's again when I was working at Mars Music a number of years ago. They were EAR BUSTING LOUD!

I'm curios how these are far better than Tuki. Looks like a simple vinyl slip cover with a lining. How is that better than the Tuki padded cover? Tuki used to over vinyl covers btw, for considerably less than their padded covers, maybe they still do. Not trying to pick a fight, just curios.

Guest HRB853370

Nice amp! LOUD!

I remember when they started rolling out the GA40's again when I was working at Mars Music a number of years ago. They were EAR BUSTING LOUD!

You know Barry, its really not that loud, but it breaks up nice at around 7 on the dial. I rarely use the low power mode, which only delivers 15 watts. They are very nice for jazz if you keep the volume under control. Some people critisize the Eminence Legend speaker they used in those amps. What surprises me is how cheap they have been going on ebay. I snagged mine for $500 plus shipping, and it was NOS, from a Michigan dealer.

I bought a D2F cover for my Patriot. Very nice. Its more of a polyester cloth with 1/4 foam padding inside to provide a bit of cushion. I'm more than happy with it.

On another note, how are you enjoying your Patriot? I've been very pleased with mine so far. At about 9:00 on the dial it's plenty loud enough. The mood control is pretty slick.

On another note, how are you enjoying your Patriot? ........... The mood control is pretty slick.

Rich, you've got a recorder contraption that remembers everything for you, and now you've got control over your moods?

Can't beat that with a stick. You're setting the bar too high.

Gotta get me some more gear. For Marg's sake, you understand.

Guest HRB853370

I'm curios how these are far better than Tuki. Looks like a simple vinyl slip cover with a lining. How is that better than the Tuki padded cover? Tuki used to over vinyl covers btw, for considerably less than their padded covers, maybe they still do. Not trying to pick a fight, just curios.

Well, I would say for the money, they can't be beat. Tuki is made overseas presumably, Custom Amp Covers are made locally in Michigan. They are padded just like Tuki by the way.

Well, I would say for the money, they can't be beat. Tuki is made overseas presumably, Custom Amp Covers are made locally in Michigan. They are padded just like Tuki by the way.

Tuki covers are made in the USofA. Custom Amp Covers for Heritage Freedom amp $44 - Tuki vinyl cover for Heritage Freedom Amp $48. Personally, I like the 1/2" padded covers myself so they are worth the extra $, but that's just me. Glad you like the Custom Amp Covers and that it's a quality product.

Not to be argumentative, but I think GuitArtMan has a point. Tuki covers are made in South Carolina. They are made with a Cordura (ballistic) nylon outer shell with enclosed foam padding and a cloth inner liner. They are expensive, but they are also nearly indestructible. I've ordered a bunch of them over the years, and I've never had one rip or had a seam unravel. They'll also do custom work: I had them make a long bag designed to hold the stands I take to a gig. It is one of my favorite pieces of gear and has stood up to loads that would have torn the shoulder strap off of any other gear bag I've ever owned --basically because the cordura is just so tough, and Tuki products are so well engineered and made.

I'm sure Custom Amp Covers make a great product --look great, good prices ... but I agree with GuitArtMan that we're really talking apples and oranges: a felt-lined vinyl cover is really a very different product than a ballistic nylon padded cover. According to their site, Tuki's were designed as a lighter alternative to road cases ... granted, they are not a hard shell case, but they are incredibly tough. In fact, my one complaint is that you have to find room to stash them when you gig --they'll stand up on their own.

I bought a D2F cover for my Patriot. Very nice. Its more of a polyester cloth with 1/4 foam padding inside to provide a bit of cushion. I'm more than happy with it.

On another note, how are you enjoying your Patriot? I've been very pleased with mine so far. At about 9:00 on the dial it's plenty loud enough. The mood control is pretty slick.

D2F covers are also very nice and durable. I think Tuki's set the standard for one of the toughest amp covers. However, I was not looking for that level of durability. Most of my amp covers sit in closets or behind stuff much of the time. I'm VERY carefult with my gear, including covers. For the price, and for my own needs, the Custom Amp Cover cover fits the bill perfectly.

And to answer how I like the Patriot...I LOVE IT! Even my wife has commented on how rich and lush it sounds. She has the best ears in our household.

Guest HRB853370

Not to be argumentative, but I think GuitArtMan has a point. Tuki covers are made in South Carolina. They are made with a Cordura (ballistic) nylon outer shell with enclosed foam padding and a cloth inner liner. They are expensive, but they are also nearly indestructible. I've ordered a bunch of them over the years, and I've never had one rip or had a seam unravel. They'll also do custom work: I had them make a long bag designed to hold the stands I take to a gig. It is one of my favorite pieces of gear and has stood up to loads that would have torn the shoulder strap off of any other gear bag I've ever owned --basically because the cordura is just so tough, and Tuki products are so well engineered and made.

I'm sure Custom Amp Covers make a great product --look great, good prices ... but I agree with GuitArtMan that we're really talking apples and oranges: a felt-lined vinyl cover is really a very different product than a ballistic nylon padded cover. According to their site, Tuki's were designed as a lighter alternative to road cases ... granted, they are not a hard shell case, but they are incredibly tough. In fact, my one complaint is that you have to find room to stash them when you gig --they'll stand up on their own.

Sure did not know that, I ASSumed they were a Korean company (Tuki??, comon). Should have researched before I put foot in mouth. Well, good to know there are options out there and Made in the USA to boot!

I got covers for my Mesa Boogie DC-5, my Carvin 90s X-100B head, and my Marshall TSL122 from this company. they make nice covers, they fit well, and they don't break the bank.

Tbones, Are they padded? I need one for my new kbd Deluxe. The Tuki's appear to be about 20 or $30 more than the other company.

These look like nice covers and a good value. I have Studio Slips covers for both my amps. They are rugged Cordura with quilted padding and have a velcro strap to keep everything nice and snug. They've been great to deal with both times.

4375121783_7e50cefb2d_z.jpg

I got covers for my Mesa Boogie DC-5, my Carvin 90s X-100B head, and my Marshall TSL122 from this company. they make nice covers, they fit well, and they don't break the bank.

they aren't padded, but the inside is felt-lined I believe. They are definitely a step up from just a slip cover.

• 1 month later...

These look like nice covers and a good value. I have Studio Slips covers for both my amps. They are rugged Cordura with quilted padding and have a velcro strap to keep everything nice and snug. They've been great to deal with both times.

4375121783_7e50cefb2d_z.jpg

I had a Studio Slips cover made for my Zingaro, and it is extremely high quality. Susan, the seamstress (and I believe it's a one person company), is married to one of the engineers at Mesa Boogie, so they are definitely made in the U.S. (California is still in the U.S., right?). Anyhow, I would highly recommend them.

My Swart and Germino both have Kangaroo Covers, which sadly, are no longer made. They were out of the Nashville area, and made an exceptional product. No idea why they went out of business, but it's a shame that they did.

Kane

Guest HRB853370

Another vote for D2F I have 4 of those currently and they have all been high quality.

They are just too expensive for my budget! Custom Amp Covers in Rochester Hills, Michigan (YES, MICHIGAN) is just as good quality at about 25% less than D2F covers. Support your local Michigan economy.

Archived