Heritage Owners Club

Green H 150

brentrocks

I drove over to Ann Arbor yesterday to meet a fellow who had a green 1995 H 150...ended up taking her home.

I got her home and stripped it down and gave it a bath. I swapped out the schaller hardware for tone pros. Swapped out the G pichguard for a Heritage pickguard, and replaced a broken neck pup ring. A little martin guitar polish and it was shiny again!

The pickups are SD 59ers....not my favorite, but for now they will do...actually they dont sound to shabby in this guitar.

Its a beefy one piece body...about 9.75-10lbs. Medium C neck. The frets need to be crowned and leveled(prob will take it to Pete next week) The top is pretty killer...thick bookmatched flame that changes dramaticly as you rotate the guitar!

The tone....i will post a clip later....or ask Brian (kbp810) he heard it.... :icon_smile:

There are a few little dings here and there...fortunately, 99% of them are either on the back or sides and only a couple made it through the finish....there are no cracks, or repairs, it actually in great shape for its age! its a great piece of Heritage history, considering their use of some pretty wild colors in that era of their production....Green, Blue, Purple, Pink (salmon, sorry KUZ) orange, yellow, etc....

IMG_8915.jpg

IMG_8917.jpg

IMG_8918.jpg

IMG_8921.jpg

IMG_8924.jpg

Very nice Brent!!!!

I also, have a great appreciation for green guitars. Green is my favorite color too!!!

And, BTW, I like these pics a lot better than the ones where you throw the guitars on the ground!!! j/k

But seriously, I like the wooden background a lot!!!

Guest HRB853370

Nice ax Brent, the black knobs look great on that finish. For some reason, in the photos, I even like the G pickguard on that particular guitar. I have a set of green sparkle Gretsch drums, and they just look awesome on a stage with lights. I think you should name it the "Green Manalishi"!

It's great that you found a green one to grab.... ( I think that the green one that you've been looking for was a 157 ? )

And it's got the skinny headstock too.

Perfect choice for the pickguard, BTW.

It'll be good to see more pics of that top and hear what you think of the '59's ...

She's looking pretty sharp, Brent. Nice score.

Of course you know that since you found this one, your long departed 157 will suddenly appear! ;)

Thanks guys!!

if that 157 popped up now i would die!!!!

If someone asked me yesterday "would you like a green guitar?", I'd most likely have said, nah, I don't think so. But NOW.... That is really sharp; as Rob said, the green finish paired with the black and cream on that guitar are quite nice. I hope you enjoy it, Brent!

Archived