Heritage Owners Club

Ren Wall's New Humbuckers?

big bob

Wolf has an ad on gbase that says Oh .... pew.. just look at it your self.

Description: Sportin' a Select flamed, deep dish carved top- this gorgeous flame top is stunning! First one made with Ren Wall's new humbuckers. The "real" Indian Rosewood fingerboard has dot markers- so you can enjoy having this now rare & controversial wood beneath your fingers (NO Roasted maple/ cheap plastic inlays/ plasticized finish nor non-adjustable keys here), real Honduran Mahogany body devoid of swiss cheese holes, REAL Nitrocellulose Lacquer finish, Grover keys, 17 degree peghead angle, TonePros bridge & stop bar, CTS control Pots w/ Spraque caps, Long neck Tenon. Wolfe Guitars 2 locations: * Jupiter, Florida (location of this 150) tel: 561-746-2209 * Brentwood/ Nashville- Tenn. @ 615-730-7532

p1_upj5pzgy4_st.jpg

look like duncans?

whats with that?

Your new girlfriend is going to get jealous if she finds out you've been looking...

I've seen a few of Ren's creations in addition to hearing the HRWs. Based on past experience, I'd venture to say they are winners.

I was there the day they got the guitar and played it through a Swart Space-Tone. The new Renn pickup is a little edgy I felt( (in a good way) and breaks up alot easier than the H157 I compared it to (59 in neck, Seth in bridge). I feel that this could be a great kinda 60's feel rock guitar and I have to mention that the flametop is beautiful.

Wolf has an ad on gbase that says Oh .... pew.. just look at it your self.

Description: Sportin' a Select flamed, deep dish carved top- this gorgeous flame top is stunning! First one made with Ren Wall's new humbuckers. The "real" Indian Rosewood fingerboard has dot markers- so you can enjoy having this now rare & controversial wood beneath your fingers (NO Roasted maple/ cheap plastic inlays/ plasticized finish nor non-adjustable keys here), real Honduran Mahogany body devoid of swiss cheese holes, REAL Nitrocellulose Lacquer finish, Grover keys, 17 degree peghead angle, TonePros bridge & stop bar, CTS control Pots w/ Spraque caps, Long neck Tenon. Wolfe Guitars 2 locations: * Jupiter, Florida (location of this 150) tel: 561-746-2209 * Brentwood/ Nashville- Tenn. @ 615-730-7532

p1_upj5pzgy4_st.jpg

look like duncans?

whats with that?

I really like that description. I don't know who wrote it but good job.

Actually that kind of brings up a lot of questions. Will the new pickups be readily available, who is manufactering them, what's the upcharge, what are they called?

And what's the deal with the guitar in the pic is that a custom spec 150cm or a special or what? Wondering about the dot inlays.

I was there the day they got the guitar and played it through a Swart Space-Tone. The new Renn pickup is a little edgy I felt( (in a good way) and breaks up alot easier than the H157 I compared it to (59 in neck, Seth in bridge).

Maybe kind of like a Burstbucker Pro?

Wow---that is a sweet git---I'd love to hear the p'up---The burstbuckers I've heard sounded a bit thin to me (they were in GLPs) If that's the general idea w/ this, I'd bet that this is what a burstbucker should sound like---It just seems that Heritage always gets it right!...Not to add insult to injury, but this is a much better "innovation" path than acrylic inlays and baked Maple or richlite. I'm so glad there is such a thing as Heritage guitars.

It would be triple throwdown mojo cool if they were wound on the original Parson St. winder the Throback guy bought.

But, I doubt that would matter much to Ren. He'd be after whatever got him nearest the sound he wanted regardless of what machine did the winding.

Even so, I'm sure he'd still sprinkle some of that Parsons St. pixie dust on 'em to make it all super special.

That's strange that he's come out with another pickup unless it's a SD version of the HRW with about the same specs.

I'm guessing that they are working with SD to replace the Schaller base of the HRWs. I remember comments that Schallers were getting hard to obtain. Duncan probably has plenty of capacity, and they obviously know how to tune a pickup. What better place to start? A little confidentiality agreement and we're back to producing an RW pickup.

That's strange that he's come out with another pickup unless it's a SD version of the HRW with about the same specs.

That would be my guess.

"Is there any confirmation Ren is making a new type of HRWs?"

This is the key question. Unless new pickups come from the design or alteration of Ren Wall, they will not be replacements for the HRW.

Archived