Heritage Owners Club

Nice story and pics

reif

Before I signed up here, I knew the basic story of Heritage. The Gibson move, the start up, most of the short story. Even when I got my first H535 and now the H150, I knew they were made by the folks who earlier made the Gibson counterparts. But I thought they were still mass produced. Gibson in 1984 would shurely have been using a production line with automated equipment to carve out bodies. Now I see these video clips and articles saying each one is done by hand from start to finish. Pretty amazing.

Guest HRB853370

Nah, it's a lie. All their guitars are built by computers....

This is true. There are robots everywhere, spitting out the guitars by the dozens per minute. Just like G&L does it.

Hey, watch it there, Mr. Slammer! I love me some G&L! :wacko:

I could be wrong, but I believe Slammer meant to say G&L also has high standards, just like Heritage. Huge G&L fan here, as well, btw.

Guest HRB853370

I could be wrong, but I believe Slammer meant to say G&L also has high standards, just like Heritage. Huge G&L fan here, as well, btw.

Nail on the head Fernando. I ONLY play G&L basses!!

Comodore 64!! Saw it in the offices.

Nope it was a Radio Shack Tandy computer/paper weight..... and Max HeadRoom is the programer !!!!

James Deurloo, Gibson’s plant manager, remembers sitting with former Gibson colleague Bruce Bolen on a boat in Lake Michigan off of South Haven and talking about the possibilities of opening a new guitar shop. He recalls taking notes on a restaurant placemat. Deurloo, Lamb, and a third partner, J.P. Moats, opened Heritage Guitar Inc. in April 1985.

“We didn’t pick the easy thing to do, I’ll tell you that,” Deurloo said.

But at 73, he’s proud of what they’ve accomplished.

“We’ve built a good company with a good name. We’ve built an instrument that people seek out,” he said.

This year, Heritage Guitar’s 20 full- and part-time employees are expected to produce about 1,000 electric guitars.

The firm sells 25 different guitars through a network of dealers in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand. Dealers include Lansing’s Elderly Instruments.

Deurloo said about 70 percent of Heritage business is export; the company’s guitars sell particularly well in Japan as well as Europe. Heritage has a booth at twice-yearly meetings of the National Association of Music Merchants where it introduces each year’s product line.

Those are my pictures from the LSJ and it was my story idea----I'm glad folks liked the story and thanks to everybody at Heritage for letting us in to tell the story! Great folks!

Archived