Heritage Owners Club

Finally uploaded images of my Mille DC

pressure

I just got around to uploading images of my Mille. Some of you have seen this guitar at PSP5 and even played it.

Loaded with custom features as only the great luthiers at Heritage can do them.

A lot of things to list and I always forget a few of them but here are some of the unique things that make this a custom Heritage guitar.

5-piece flamed maple neck

555 diamond fretboard inlays all the way to the bottom

Frets all the way to the edge of the fretboard, no nubs like a refret

Custom Stephens Design humbucker pick-ups

Carved spruce top with no F holes

Cream binding

Highly flamed maple back

Top-hat knobs

Chrome finger tail piece

And once again thanks to Heritage, Marv, Jim, Ren and all the great people at Heritage that put this guitar together.

Where else could you get a fab guitar like this!

No animals were hurt in the crafting of this guitar.

cool, where are the pics?

I'm also a fan of "no-nubs" frets extending right over the binding. on the thicker bound necks, you get back nearly 1/2" of play area.

apparently Les Paul didn't like bound necks, not sure if that's why but I suspect it is

How did I miss that girl's dance card?

She's a hottie!

The spruce top is an excellent idea. Nice work!

To answer the questions, yes it is very acoustic despite the fact there are no f-holes. It wants to feed back in D and I have to be careful and control the beast.

Like everything else the finish is custom. I had asked for a Chestnut burst but with some differences in it then Marv went to work and created this unique finish. I love it.

The pictures of the unfinished Mille were taken when Marv called me early on a Monday morning to ask if I would like to come to the factory and have a look at the neck carve to make sure I liked it.

I live 200 miles away from Heritage, I'm not sure if Marv knew that when he asked me if I would like to check out the neck.

My answer; Fab, I'll be right there, and 4 hours later I was holding that Mille. Then lunch in Kalamazoo and back home. An 8 hour round trip and worth every minute.

One more thing, when I saw the Mille it had a nylon nut and I asked if it could have a bone nut before the finish was applied. Marv pulled an old piece of bone out of his pocket that he said was about 20 years old, it had a nice yellowy aged look to it, and thats what they used.

Archived