Heritage Owners Club

Sweet 16 arrives...

2bornot2bop

Sweet 16 in Chestnut Sunburst arrives w/ 2 bridges, one factory and one after market ebony, 2 pups, an HRW and a Bartolini 55 PBF GS installed.

Photo's don't do the shade justice. Pretty impressive acoustic volume for a 16". Been wanting to sample a '16 for awhile. This archtop's finish/condition was wayyy underrated by the seller.

file-4.jpg

file-5.jpg

file-13.jpg

file-15.jpg

Beautiful !! That's some classic Kalamazoo craftsmanship.

And yeah, a finish that is hard to capture it's full depth, but those pics do a good job.

I love the details in the pics of the binding and the grain of the spruce...

Congratulations on yet another amazing archtop score, 2B!

Sweet 16's have a dynamic and fairly loud acoustic tone, especially with round wound or half-round strings. And they sound pretty darned great amplified with flats...or anything really!

Play it in good health.

thanks again all for your well wishes.

before she arrived I had questions whether or not the lack of markers was going to be a playing issue. but apparently having previously owned many Eastman archtops which are trimmed out with the tiniest of dot markers I'd been programmed to live without them without even knowing it. this one will train me to use the binding markers, which I've always wanted to do...nothing like forced training!

Archived