Heritage Owners Club

Got some great tone from the 555 and HRWs last night.

RhoadsScholar

Our band (maggie's roadhouse) played another open mike last night. We did a set of mostly clean rock songs so I took the 555 out for a spin. I was able to get a great tone out of those HRW pickups with both pickups on and rolling back the tone on the bridge just a notch. Added a little slapback echo and wanted to solo all night (I kinda always wanna do that anyway, but the 555 gave me a reason to). Not a very complicated song, but thought the guitar sound added alot for this tune. Let me know what you think (there is some crowd noise but they were into it providing background vocals and good fun.

I had both HRW's on in the middle position with the tone wide open on the Bridge pickup, and rolled the tone back on the neck pickup to 9.

The amp was the mustang III with the Country Blues Preset edited with a slapback echo and some added gain which made it a little more responsive when the strings were struck a little harder (a subtle effect the Mustang III is good at).

I am grateful for the post Josh added regarding the Mustang III as I am still trying to reproduce the problem many folks on the interweb are complaining about. I love the mustang III for the clean settings as some vox/marshall crunch. I don't use the

triple rectal fryer type settings because they are just too noisy/over the top anyway. Maybe that is what folks are complaining about.

^^^ I think HRWs were meant to be played through a Fender DR. That's the tone I heard someone playing through my Mille at Elderly music a few years ago that led me to purchase my first Heritage.

... I am still trying to reproduce the problem many folks on the interweb are complaining about.

It is my understanding that the problem with the Mustang III was relegated to the 1st generation of the amps. (first factory run) It was corrected during the production process but for those already in the market place it was a SOL situation. Thus buying a new one eliminates the problem but buying a used one is a crap shoot. As I mentioned before I have witnessed and heard the said problem 2-3 years ago when I was seeking a get'em an go SS amp. I selected another brand but it broke my heart because I had exclusively use the Fender brand amps for over 40 years.

Nice playing RS. Good tone.

The problem was corrected at the factory but couldn't be for those already manufactured.

It is my understanding that the problem with the Mustang III was relegated to the 1st generation of the amps. (first factory run) It was corrected during the production process but for those already in the market place it was a SOL situation. Thus buying a new one eliminates the problem but buying a used one is a crap shoot. As I mentioned before I have witnessed and heard the said problem 2-3 years ago when I was seeking a get'em an go SS amp. I selected another brand but it broke my heart because I had exclusively use the Fender brand amps for over 40 years.

Nice playing RS. Good tone.

The problem was corrected at the factory but couldn't be for those already manufactured.

Wow , thanks for that update. I have not been able to reproduce the problem discussed so I guess I waited long enough... Too bad fender didn't follow up with the first version owners...

Archived