Heritage Owners Club

Sometimes modifications to Heritages don't work out....

Kuz

And sometimes they work out just as you dreamed!!!!!

From "Greeny" to a " '59 Burst"!!!!

Mods included new Throbak MXV 101 pups, new pickup rings and a new matching pick guard. The pickup rings and pg are both Gibson brand, but the pups rings are "pure Gibson" and the pg is "Historic Gibson". I originally bought both the pup rings & pg from the Historic line but they did not match in color. Then I bought them both in the pure Gibson line but they did not match in color. But as only Gibson can do (sarcasm alert) mixing one set from each matched perfect. I LOVE the new look and missed the normal middle position (no more out of phase) tones.

So what do you think?

I ain't seeing it? The cosmetics and the pickup is turned but the color temp in your photos are so different that it looks like you got the guitar refinished. I can't get past that. Don't get me wrong it looks great both ways but it looks like totally different guitars... of which the second one looks better. Let's end this - send it down here and I will take some pics for you.

John, I saw a guy in Kroger today that reminded me of you but he was about 6 inches shorter. Same smile to a tee. I had to do a double take. Funny thing is that the kid who is the "Ass. Manager" is named Lamb, and he is from the same part of the county where Marv grew up. He doesn't claim to know Marv. When Marv pulled a knife on Dave's guitar I thought about saying the same thing to the cops.

I ain't seeing it? The cosmetics and the pickup is turned but the color temp in your photos are so different that it looks like you got the guitar refinished. I can't get past that. Don't get me wrong it looks great both ways but it looks like totally different guitars... of which the second one looks better. Let's end this - send it down here and I will take some pics for you.

John, I saw a guy in Kroger today that reminded me of you but he was about 6 inches shorter. Same smile to a tee. I had to do a double take. Funny thing is that the kid who is the "Ass. Manager" is named Lamb, and he is from the same part of the county where Marv grew up. He doesn't claim to know Marv. When Marv pulled a knife on Dave's guitar I thought about saying the same thing to the cops.

Ron you are uber-observant as usual. The second set of pics was taken quickly with my less than superior iPhone. I have a real gray scale back drop for my real camera but it is a pain in the a$$ to iron. I need to iron it.

As far as the color of this 150, if you look at the pics of it in the case that is the color. But it does have the cool peek-a-flame and color shifts from different angles.

And sometimes they work out just as you dreamed!!!!!

From "Greeny" to a " '59 Burst"!!!!

Mods included new Throbak MXV 101 pups, new pickup rings and a new matching pick guard. The pickup rings and pg are both Gibson brand, but the pups rings are "pure Gibson" and the pg is "Historic Gibson". I originally bought both the pup rings & pg from the Historic line but they did not match in color. Then I bought them both in the pure Gibson line but they did not match in color. But as only Gibson can do (sarcasm alert) mixing one set from each matched perfect. I LOVE the new look and missed the normal middle position (no more out of phase) tones.

So what do you think?

Looks good Kuz, glad it worked out. What where the old pickups?

Regarding color matching, I've been getting ready to replace the rings on my 150 which are Schaller rings. The pickups are Bare Knuckles. One ring is cracked and they don't match the Gibbie style pick guard and poker chip, thought I'd be safe ordering just the gibson rings, or because they are not too expensive, a chip, a pickguard and rings, that way they would match for sure, but after your difficulties I don't know. The Schaller rings are like a cream color with some greenish tint, the Gibson plastic is more, for lack of a better word, pure cream colored. Nothing is simple is it?

Any way happy new burst day.

Looks good Kuz, glad it worked out. What where the old pickups?

Regarding color matching, I've been getting ready to replace the rings on my 150 which are Schaller rings. The pickups are Bare Knuckles. One ring is cracked and they don't match the Gibbie style pick guard and poker chip, thought I'd be safe ordering just the gibson rings, or because they are not too expensive, a chip, a pickguard and rings, that way they would match for sure, but after your difficulties I don't know. The Schaller rings are like a cream color with some greenish tint, the Gibson plastic is more, for lack of a better word, pure cream colored. Nothing is simple is it?

Any way happy new burst day.

Order the Gibson pup rings from Musician friend or Sweet Water music where you can return them if you don't like them.

The original pups were Throbak PG-102s which are Peter Green replica PAF pups. I loved them but I like them more in semi-hollow guitars ( I have them in my 555 and Thornton Improv). I wanted to go '59 all the way so I got the most accurate PAFs the Throbak 101s with A2 magnets.

Archived