Heritage Owners Club

'88 H140 Re-Fin by Jack Briggs

slider313

I am the original owner of this 1988 H140 which I custom "appointed" in October of 1987 and took delivery on Feb. 25th 1988. After about two or three years I had wished I ordered a tobacco burst instead of the cherry sunburst. In 2007 I had Jack Briggs re-fret the guitar with stainless steel frets and struck up a friendship. I saw and played some of his custom guitars and was very impressed with the nitro finishes. I decided to have him give the 140 a "dark burst" make over and here's what she looks like now.

Before...........................................

Picture.jpg

After........................................

Picture1876.jpg

Picture2407.jpg

With this having block inlays and a bound headstock,what is the difference between this and a H147?

I love the refinish,although I have heard of minuses to using stainless steel frets.

Thanks folks! I did have a set of patent number pickups in it first, then Tom Short Undercover Mini's for a long time (they went into my blue 147) and now a set of zebra coil, low wind, RS/Fralin's with A4 magnets. Here's what she looks like today.

003_zpse2b9d53e.jpg

Nice. It looks a lot different with the zebras. How do you like the Fralins compared to the minis ?

The mini's have more 'spank" yet remain smooth on the top end and have slightly less output. They are wax potted. The RS/Fralin's have a bit more output and are more transparent, as Mr. Fralin does not wax pot these. They can squeal under high gain, but that's not what these pickups are about. These have a very PAF "flavor" to them.

The mini's have more 'spank" yet remain smooth on the top end and have slightly less output. They are wax potted. The RS/Fralin's have a bit more output and are more transparent, as Mr. Fralin does not wax pot these. They can squeal under high gain, but that's not what these pickups are about. These have a very PAF "flavor" to them.

Great info, thanks. I've never played Fralin humbuckers, have set of his hum free P90s in a 137, great pickups.

Archived