Heritage Owners Club

New Limited Edition Heritage Coming

skydog52

I must say that I don't really understand the reasoning behind this effort. There is a (so called) Heritage dealer right down the street from me who has around 30 (new old stock) Heritage guitars, which they've had for a very long time, and they can't sell them because nearly all of them have P90's in them.

Hi HANGAR18,

What shop would that be? I'm curious as to what models they have for sale.

Thanks and best regards,

Rick

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi HANGAR18,

What shop would that be? I'm curious as to what models they have for sale.

Thanks and best regards,

Rick

www.foxesmusic.com
416 S Washington St.
Falls Church, VA
(703) 533-7393
There are 11 on display and one of the guys said that they have many more "in the back".

Guest HRB853370

yeah that is nice, I like the mini traps

Hangar I believe that 157 LE is full 157 thickness....Spectrum's is a 147 thickness I think?

That is because Spectrum's IS a 147

Maple Cap, ebony fretboard, korina body, three piece neck, maple center with korina ends, resomax bridge, gotoh 510 cosmo black tuners

What a great ideas. Love the shot of it on the table.

I believe that's a custom order 140. A 147 would have five ply binding on the body, a bound headstock with a "crest" and ebony fretboard.

Here's my blue 1989 147.

Picture2568.jpg

I love it Mike!!!!!!

What is the thinking of making a limited run of 40?

A large part of the expense is in the design and tooling for an instrument. That would be the same whether 1 or 10,000 are made. So if it's a great guitar, and I think it will be, what is the reason to make it a limited run? Marketing probably. It's the same reason that McDonald's doesn't put McRibs permanently on the menu. Brilliant.

I'm happy to see Heritage do things like this. It draws attention to them.

I'm happy to see Heritage do things like this. It draws attention to them.

I agree, but I am afraid that without proper marketing you could do the coolest things in the world and still go unnoticed

www.foxesmusic.com
416 S Washington St.
Falls Church, VA
(703) 533-7393
There are 11 on display and one of the guys said that they have many more "in the back".

Thanks. Think I'll look them up

The spec sheet was put together late for NAMM. It should have read; solid hog construction. Fact is,some will have 1 piece tops,some 2 piece tops. Some may be 1 piece bodies. Prototype wasn't done in time for the show. There is a wait for the staple pick-up. The prototype is 2 piece .

I love this guitar

Go ahead and use a two piece top and/or bottom for #3.

I think how it plays and sounds is more important than the cosmetics.

Very nice. I've always lusted after '56 Customs. Love the staple Alnicos. I have an all Hog '57 reissue and can vouch for the fact that losing the maple cap makes for a different sound.

Very nice. I've always lusted after '56 Customs. Love the staple Alnicos. I have an all Hog '57 reissue and can vouch for the fact that losing the maple cap makes for a different sound.

While its being mentioned, what is the difference between the Staple P90 and a normal P90? Purely cosmetic or is there a tonal property for rediscovery?

While its being mentioned, what is the difference between the Staple P90 and a normal P90? Purely cosmetic or is there a tonal property for rediscovery?

I'm told the Staple Alnicos have a brighter bell like tone in the neck. They look cool too. I've never tried two guitars side by side where one had a staple and one had a P90 so I can't say from personal experience that's true. Check this out. It gives a good idea of tone.

I'm told the Staple Alnicos have a brighter bell like tone in the neck. They look cool too. I've never tried two guitars side by side where one had a staple and one had a P90 so I can't say from personal experience that's true. Check this out. It gives a good idea of tone.

Phil does a pretty good job here. wish he'd played more complex chords and held them, showing the sustain qualities better (good vol./gain level, though...). the volume roll-off & brightness is real. heard best using headphones or good speakers.

my "'55" is like this, only with wraptail bridge/stop. the sound of the staple p-90 is very distinctive compared to a great H157 i had w/Lollars (regular P90s) and H137 (also Lollars).

-j

• 4 weeks later...

Archived