Heritage Owners Club

New Limited Edition Heritage Coming

skydog52

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if the LEs will be a wraptail? I forgot to ask?

no. nashville or abr-1 (can't tell from pix)

if i didn't have one already (gibson "hot mod '55"), i'd've been on phone to Jay Wolfe weeks ago. wutta beaut! B)

post-408-0-77155900-1393542279_thumb.jpg

btw forgot to ask , what brand of wraptail bridge is on yours ?

Resomax bridge very comfortable and the smooth groove saddles make tuning easy. Gotoh 510 Cosmo Black tuners, three piece neck (Korina -Maple- Korina) Maple cap on a Korina body.

• 3 months later...

Dixie Cup... you seeing this?

Jeepers, am I late to the party or what? No, I don't recall seeing this at the time. If I did and posted in here, I've completely forgotten it, but I don't think that's probable (but definitely possible).

I have semi-mixed feelings about this. I talked to Marv about building me one of these two PSPs ago, but never really pursued it as I didn't get the sense they were thrilled with the idea. My recollection is that there was some pushback around the staple P90 (but not from Marv; I'd have to source it, it'd have to be standard P90 dimensions, no special routing or anything, etc.). I really got the sense that it wasn't something that some of them wanted to do and I wasn't going to fight an uphill battle to have it built.

That's a beautiful guitar and I really wish I were getting one. I'm not big on limited edition stuff, so I'd be happy without the serial numbering and whatnot. Only thing I'd change, functionally, is to go with a trapeze tailpiece or Bigsby, not a stop tail. I hate stop tails with a passion. Actually, with all nickel hardware and a Bigsby, I'd be one happy camper for a very, very long time.

Wow. That's GREAT that they built them, though. LOVE IT!

those are 'hog tops. these bodies, as I was told, are all for the Limited 157's in discussion here.

Whole Hog - I asked Marv why he was not doing a maple cap like my staple 147. He said his intent was building the same same as the original LP custom which were all mahogany. He started in white wood during this model's second year of production back in 56.

So, how's my history? The first Les Paul was a Goldtop with a Hog body and a Maple top but the first Les Paul Custom was all Hog at first and then later became a Mahogany body with Maple top like the regular Les Pauls? Does that sound right to you guitar history buffs?

So, how's my history? The first Les Paul was a Goldtop with a Hog body and a Maple top but the first Les Paul Custom was all Hog at first and then later became a Mahogany body with Maple top like the regular Les Pauls? Does that sound right to you guitar history buffs?

IIRC, the first LPC to have a maple cap was the '68, which was the first new guitar i ever got. wish i'd kept it. my '98 (buckers) and my '10 (just like a '55) both are all mahogany

Whole Hog - I asked Marv why he was not doing a maple cap like my staple 147. He said his intent was building the same same as the original LP custom which were all mahogany. He started in white wood during this model's second year of production back in 56.

I weep.

Those are very tempting! The only way I could swing one of those would be to sell the Junior that I got from Brent 'round X-Mas time. Not sure I could bring myself to do that.

those are cool guitars!!

who has the 1st one lined up? :D

pretty neat to get those pics of the construction

I remember talking to Marv on the phone last fall, trying to convince him to make a 100% mahogany body 157 with P90's as a standard production model. Just like the '50's LPC

maybe it worked....I guess the special edition is a good start!

Archived